CC release on GOG
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21: Re: CC release on GOG Author: Iain_Slitherine PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:44 am
    —
Hi guys,

I've not heard back from anyone about pulling down the files and who owns the site. I'd prefer to do this amicably. Mooxe you seem to be running the site so can you please respond so I don't have to pass this over to the legal team. Thanks!

Iain

#22: Re: CC release on GOG Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 am
    —
Really..... did you come out of the Dark Ages mate  Shocked

The best Close Combat Site on the Net and you are.... Slitherene & never heard of it !

Go stick your head back in the Bucket where it belongs....

or to be more blatent.... Fuck off....

#23: Re: CC release on GOG Author: Iain_Slitherine PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:14 pm
    —
I just heard back from Mooxe that the files have been taken down so thanks very much.

#24: Re: CC release on GOG Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:06 am
    —
Hi Iain,

Since Slitherine has legal rights to original CC series, including royalties, shouldn't you also be entitled to all the source code?  I honestly don't believe the stories that source code is "lost".  Someone can get it i'm sure for either CC2 or CC3.  The people from Atomic have it likely or some of the developers.  I really think that would be the most cost-efficient way is to take original code for CC2 or CC3 and update it with new graphics.

One other thing Iain, there has been a complete lack of any Eastern Front versions of new CC games.  Cross of Iron was a primitive attempt to update original CC3 with almost no noticeable changes.  There has not been any other games for East Front since 2007.

#25: Re: CC release on GOG Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:12 am
    —
Entire team for original CC2 game production. Keith or others have the source code

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0778647/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers

#26: Re: CC release on GOG Author: Prezes PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:38 pm
    —
Iain_Slitherine wrote (View Post):
Hi,

your site has just been brought to my attention. I'm trying to find the right person to contact. I'm glad to see there is still an appetite for these classic games.

My name is Iain McNeil from Slitherine / Matrix Games.

We own the Close Combat brand, IP, and all releases related to Close Combat. That includes all the old games which are currently being hosted on this site illegally. I'd like to have them removed. Please let me know who I should be dealing with. It is a breach of copyright.

We worked with GOG to bring these classic games back. They have been adapted with GoG's help to run on new operating system so work much better than the original versions.

The revenue from the release of the old games is helping fund the creation of the next game, The Bloody First, which is entering Alpha testing in the next few weeks. We plan to release it later this year. We look forwards to getting the game to you and getting your feedback. Be sure to sign up for the beta test when it becomes available.

Thanks!

so start selling your copyrighted games, I don't see any of this titles on your site, of course for reasonable price, not for 40$ as you sell everything (even 20 years old)
GOG versions are as claims GOG support are not compatible with mods, so generally are useless for us
for your information I have own CD versions from original editions, never used files placed here, but probably most of our collegues used it as backups, which is legal

you produce the bloody first much longer then all previous developers produced all previous versions of close combat series, we probably can expect it in next 5 years or later

#27: Re: CC release on GOG Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:20 am
    —
why is always fucking morons who have the CC code or rights? so frustrating.

#28: Re: CC release on GOG Author: KG_LokiLocation: Husker Nation PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:53 am
    —
go to

https://www.old-games.com/

my mods all work, even on win 10

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2