Any new maps for CC III in the works?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:08 pm
    —
I took a break from playing CC III for several years. I started again and noticed that there are only a handful of new maps to play on. Is anyone out there still making maps for CCIII ? I usually play my son and wanted also to get him interested again in CCIII. I download all the maps here and at CSO.

#2: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 pm
    —
Pete is in the process of converting Ortona to COI. As far as I know he has finished the map work. But thats one to look forward to.

You are right few maps gets converted and uploaded these days. - You could take matters into your own hands: 5CC can convert any other CC map you want, even those for PITF/GtC. - 5CC converts the elements and for GtC/PITF the scale to make the map playable in other versions.

#3: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 pm
    —
CC3/COI was always the best for adding a single battle/map.

The feature was requested many times for the Matrix releases based on CC5, ex. a spot in the editor for single battle/map not connected to the campaign map, but the developer didn’t make it a priority....

#4: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:02 pm
    —
reconscout wrote (View Post):
I took a break from playing CC III for several years. I started again and noticed that there are only a handful of new maps to play on. Is anyone out there still making maps for CCIII ? I usually play my son and wanted also to get him interested again in CCIII. I download all the maps here and at CSO.

Bear with me a little while longer. I am now finding my way around modding the COI interface screens. Version 1.0 of the Ortona for COI mod will include around 35 new maps. ETA March 2018. In a future update I will include a few more, among which some completely new ones that were never finished for CC5 .
After v 1.0 I will start converting around 30 Operation Grenade maps of the Rhineland mod .

#5: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 pm
    —
Sounds great Pete! Nice with even more Ortona maps and the original ones will probably play in a different way too based on the work you have done with rotation and coding changes on them.

Grenade maps too!  - Good plan!

#6: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:57 pm
    —
A few new mods in the COI section of this forum. Company Commander, Stalingrad, Scorched Earth.

#7: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:40 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Sounds great Pete! Nice with even more Ortona maps and the original ones will probably play in a different way too based on the work you have done with rotation and coding changes on them.

Grenade maps too!  - Good plan!

The Grenade maps will be released with an Operation Grenade for COI mod later this year. The orientation is well suited for switching them to the left-right orientation of COI. The Veritable and Blockbuster maps will only work with the Allies attacking from the left which will require a total conversion of the WF COI mod so that is not going to happen any time soon if at all.

#8: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:48 am
    —
i have 64 maps for a pretty much abandoned Winterwar mod.  I'll find somewhere to upload them and you can help yourself.  Be aware that while the coding is done but hasn't been polished.  Ideally I guess one or two people should grab them first run a few games through them and see what needs tweaking

#9: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:38 pm
    —
Thanks everyone for the update, I have something to look forward to. US Brake a special thanks to you for letting me know about those downloads in the COI forum. I am downloading them now.

#10: Re: Any new maps for CC III in the works? Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:32 am
    —
southern_land, I really enjoyed playing on all your maps you made and look forward to these. You made some really great ones!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1