How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: oneFive PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:25 am
    —
won't gameranger just open the unmodded version?

#2: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:51 am
    —
I did figure this out years ago. Here my recollection...

You need to do a manual install and overwrite original TLD/LSA files. I do not remember GameRanger supporting any /D options.

#3: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: oneFive PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:45 pm
    —
thx mooxe. So probably best to do a direct connect or does gameranger make for better connections?

#4: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:06 pm
    —
Direct connect would be best for mods. Make sure you open the proper ports in your firewall. GameRanger used to bypass firewalls in some sort of VPN tunnel thing but I don't think it operates that way anymore. In order to host games I need to open ports in my router.

#5: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:52 am
    —
When I direct connect with both me and opponent on wireless router,  it is so slow I can't play.  So we figured, why not connect directly to router with ethernet cable for faster play?  Once I plug in, we can't connect.  Any ideas on that?  Must somehow change IP address maybe?  But ill be damned if it doesn't say its same IP address. any ideas?

#6: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 am
    —
FIGURED IT OUT:

for what its worth, i know people with similar problems read these so ill tell you how i dealt with it.  As far as I know you can't make it work on game ranger. UNLESS you get shifty old school style like I remember doing way back with CC3 and I didn't know about Mod Swop.

I just changed my main Close combat The Longest Day folder to The Longest Day 2 (literally just added the number 2 to name--but thats arbitrary, you can name it anything you want).  

By doing that it will no longer launch.  Then I REINSTALLED GAME.   Now you have two versions.   Go back into old TLD 2 folder and find KHARKOV file (or whatever mod you wants folder) open it and select all folders (DATA/GAMES/LOCALFX/GRAPHICS, ETC) and Copy them.  Go back toyour  NEW TLD folder and click and paste into main folder area so that i asks if you want to overwrite everything.  Say YES.  Let it overwrite.   Now when you launch with new download HOLD CONTROL BUTTON and select "Play Windowed" and choose largest your video card can handle.   Then redo patch and GTC graphics (if your into that) and your GOOD TO GO on game ranger.  Its going to think its launching unmodded TLD.  But nah, your good.

UPDATE: I apologize but this isn't quite worked out.  This is one of those things that theoretically should work.  But when I launch with my buddy it crashes.  Will update.  It does work to change game...so i just dont see why game crashes.  will advise.  any input is helpful.  Im a layman at this but am trying.   this used to work with russian front in the 90s.

#7: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: Berger PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 pm
    —
Same problem with Der Kessel mod.

I overwrited all the mod files in the TLD folder but gameranger does not recognize the CCE.exe

However, overwritting the files of Platoon's Michael Vetbob mod in WaR works in gameranger.

#8: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: Berger PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:53 pm
    —
Same problem with Der Kessel Mod in CC Wacht am Rhein, gameranger does not recognize the game's exe.

#9: Re: How do mods work H2H with TLD and LSA on gameranger? Author: GameRat PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:37 am
    —
It is possible to get mods to work with GameRanger.
Check out the LSA Gold Juno Sword ver. 9.0 ... GameRanger version.

For a Mod to work with GameRanger ... it requires a Plugin version to be made, and then installed using the ModSwap program.

But, that's not all. The original game Screens need to be put back into the CCImages.pix file, instead of using the mod's game screens.
When putting back the original game screens into the CCImages.pix file ... the Create Senario screen needs to be edited to show the mod's strategic map.

If you play Gold Juno Sword ver. 9.0, you will notice the buttons don't match the background game screens. I left it like that, so it's easy to remember you have the GJS mod installed.

There is a way to make it work using the mod game screens, but that is another topic ... and is more complicated.

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1