CC3 original artwork
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: CC3 original artwork Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:03 pm
    —
Found these cool images from the CC3 production showing the 3D objects used for rendering the 2D images used in the game. First time I saw one of the house models used:)

Reichstag.png
 Description:
One of the Berlin map main buildings
 Filesize:  256.66 KB
 Viewed:  4363 Time(s)

Reichstag.png

JagdTiger.PNG
 Description:
Hybrid render/wireframe
 Filesize:  63.13 KB

JagdTiger.PNG

T-34.png
 Description:
Hybrid render/wireframe
 Filesize:  98.96 KB

T-34.png

#2: Re: CC3 original artwork Author: Hicks PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:10 pm
    —
These are a nice find!

#3: Re: CC3 original artwork Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm
    —
Lotta 3D work just to use a slight oblique (85° ?) of the roof and a ray tracing for the bldg shadow.

#4: Re: CC3 original artwork Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 pm
    —
mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
Lotta 3D work just to use a slight oblique (85° ?) of the roof and a ray tracing for the bldg shadow.

True, They could probably have gone all 2D and got just as good result. - Anyway it did pay off in a game looked really good back in the day. Hell, I still like the looks of it:)

#5: Re: CC3 original artwork Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:15 am
    —
I wish we had that level of dedication from the developers today, so with the current computing power and technology, they might make a 3D game directly with these models in the hand.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1