CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: m1raptor PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:58 am
    —
Installed my old copy of Close Combat 3:Russian Front on my new computer with OS Win 10. The install worked but game will not start. I get the error "CC3.Exe - Application Error", "The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000022). Click OK to close the application.". I then tried installing Patch3.0b but received another error "Assertion Failed!", "EBUSetup: File L:\Hotsetup\Engine3\Util.cpp, Line 233". It gives me the options to Abort, Retry, or Ignore. Retry closes the error box with no apparent affect. Ignore causes the same error to appear again, and ignoring again causes a different window to appear "Microsoft Close Combat III Update", "This setup will update your Retail copy of Close Combat III to version 3.0b. Do you wish to continue?". when I click OK another error window appears with the title "Microsoft Close Combat III Update" with a blank body save the "!" inside a yellow triangle.

#2: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: Hicks PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:30 pm
    —
Try this executable, it ought to have the patch already applied: https://mega.nz/#!3c0Cya4Z!8Vtw9TG5Av6F6s3HbDEMqMZVLTzqTxwGrGW0VsDIkCE

If it doesn't work then it may come down to being an incompatibility with Win10.

#3: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: m1raptor PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:49 am
    —
No dice.

Still getting the same "CC.3EXE - Application Error" as before.

#4: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: Hicks PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:43 am
    —
Have you tried the old standbys of running as an admin or with compatibility modes?

#5: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: m1raptor PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:55 am
    —
I have tried running as administrator, as well as trying the compatibility troubleshooter. The windows options the troubleshooter gave me were Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP. all attempts resulted in the same application error as before.

#6: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: Hicks PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:52 pm
    —
If you manually set the compatibility, without using the troubleshooter, do you have an option to choose Win 98 compatibility? I've been looking at the gog forum and some people have had success with that.

#7: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: m1raptor PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:10 am
    —
The Win 98 option is available, but I still get the same result.  Sad

#8: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: Hicks PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:37 pm
    —
Which version of Win 10 is it? The home or the business? There seem to be mixed results for people running the game on the operating system.

The only thing that I can think of that would be worth trying is the gog [re]release of the game.

#9: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: m1raptor PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:54 pm
    —
Win 10 Home version.

#10: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:36 am
    —
I was hoping to be able to find something that could help you get it running but I've not been able to find anything.

Anyone else have a fix?

#11: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: m1raptor PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am
    —
Thank you for your time Hicks, I have been scouring the world wide web as well with no avail. It seem that there is a lack of people using the original game disks from the 2000s to play on modern systems. Maybe I will have to look into acquiring the "new" Cross of Iron game... Well never mind; its $40 on GOG!! No thank you.

#12: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 pm
    —
No problem, just would have been nice to get it working for you.

The only other thing that comes to mind is running winxp in a virtual machine and then playing the game that way? I've got it set up on my pc to use xp with some mod tools due to them not working on win7.

#13: Re: CC 3 Patch3.0b Problems Author: LancasterPa4 PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:56 am
    —
Just in case any one else has this problem, I was getting the same error. I was able to get it to work right clicking the patch exe, then clicking "troubleshoot compatibility", then click "Try recommended settings" - it installed it fine then.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1