Talk about war gaming and gaming in general
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Talk about war gaming and gaming in general Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:19 pm
    —
Hi all, been away from this board and CC-series for awhile but still the lure of it pulls me back in.   Smile

My question to you all is, how do you guys see the future of gaming? It seems like the 'big' titles rule the top selling charts and consoles are gaining ground but I think there would be a niche there for well made war games, for example. A game like CC could be played on a tablet, maybe not a cell phone, especially if it was slightly adapted. It would have a loyal audience/fan base and with good mods a life span.

Some of the 'first person' -shooter type war games like Arma-series are doing some interesting things with the mods and I like the forest/jungle locations in those games. Most strategic shooters don't get those right.

Yea, what are you guys playing? Or think about the "future of gaming"?  Very Happy

#2: Re: Talk about war gaming and gaming in general Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:22 pm
    —
Its a good point Smile I think that a lot of us old fools at this place dont want the latest games at all..maybe because we are happy with our 10 year old computers :-)

If i talk about myself i am stuck with old games because i really think they are better. Maybe not looking good but they have a soul. There is an example like the Dungeon Keeper from 1997...it is old but for me it is one of the greatest PC game ever made!

Since i lost the Close Combat fate with the new versions and the lack of modding tools i must confess im stuck with another Matrix Game..the "new" version of Panzer General named Panzer Corps. Not looking good at all but has a soul, easy moddable and has a fantastic mapeditor. One of the great mods for it is Modern Corps and i could now make modern maps and use modern equipment.
Right now im fighting the Baltics with Swedish, Danish, Norweigian, Finnish, German, US and Brittish troops...and of course...the Russian.

Greetings Mats

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  249.63 KB
 Viewed:  2028 Time(s)

3.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  309.48 KB

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  282.73 KB

1.jpg

#3: Re: Talk about war gaming and gaming in general Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm
    —
MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
how do you guys see the future of gaming?

'Modern gamers do not play games with keyboard or gamepad. Tap the screen - figurines starts running around, here is  the ****ing future of gaming' - one Russian gaming expert. Which i`m agree with.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1