# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Ortona Mod udate Author: pt11070 PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:27 pm
    —
hi guys,
I just wanna give a little update for the mod

I have finished 40th map for the mod :vroum I still have 3 more to go, at this time only 16 are coded; at the same time Dodam is working hard to get owesome details in the maps.

I have finished most of Data, even though I dont have unique vehicle and sound files (based on GJS), I was able to play the Ortona town operation, plays good, but can't really judge withough H2H. Most of the map are very small, which promises good fighing.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-1923

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=57&pos=1

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=57&pos=3

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=57&cat=0&pos=5

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=57&pos=6

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:58 pm
    —
Looking forward to this mod.... Maps look awesome.

#3:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:47 pm
    —
i would have to agree with mooxe. mod looks quite amazing

#4: Re: Ortona Mod udate Author: robgLocation: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:54 pm
    —
The pictures on close combat camera are great !!
Please don't give up !
Have you any idea about the release date ?
It seams we'll have a lot of house to house fighting, I can't wait to play it !!
:jump

#5:  Author: jmckenziesmith PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:55 pm
    —
I am looking forward to the Ortona mod here! Any report on progress to date?

I hope it's going well. It certainly looks very good.

#6:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:14 am
    —
Hi Guys
looks like an awesome mod......really looking forward to it!
have you got the units figured out? german para's vs canucks!
a very tough fight.

#7:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:13 pm
    —
Glad to hear the mod is still moving along....

#8:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:32 am
    —
any news on the mod?? Laughing

#9:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:05 am
    —
Hi PT,those maps you and Dodam are doing are amazing,to say the least,small maps Smile In your face fighting,no where to hide,couldnt be any better Smile

Ive been looking forward to this mod since the day you said you were going to do it! Btw,if you need any help testing H2H,just let me know,i really enjoyed the time when we tested the GJS maps,and now that iam not outa town working ,i have time.

^S^

#10:  Author: pt11070 PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:12 am
    —
Hi, I better post something before everybody thinks this is dead. I am working on coding the maps that are painted. Half way through. Painful! My plan is to release this mod in December.

I am hoping for help from Dima on data. He did some serious research on the units. I'll have to borrow the vehicle file, unless somebody can help.

I am scaling down the maps so the fighting should be more intense. Few opening maps and one interior map are large, but most of the maps are medium or small size.

Strat is done in such a way that there are only few roads the Canadians can use for advance. This should be interesting to see if it works out in the gameplay.

#11:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:00 am
    —
Sounds good, the smaller maps worked well on Karelia 2 too.

BTW - I didnt think it was dead so stop wasting time posting and get coding! :vroum

#12:  Author: robgLocation: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:16 pm
    —
Hi pt,
As the guys wrote above, I'm looking forward to this mod too. I gess you had choosen a rich theme and this can be turned into one of the best mods of CCV.
However, I remember most complains about CCIV were about the size of the maps - very small - and lack of places to hide.
Anyway, I'm betting on you. Keep the good work.

Best regards,
Rob

:ok2

#13:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:03 am
    —
The maps pt11070 has shown us show alot of hiding spots. The problem with CC4's small maps was that there arent many places to hide your infantry against the tanks.. Ortona will have mostly infantry (I'm assuming here).

#14:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:46 am
    —
this mod sounds awesome! so whens the ETA? Smile

#15:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:10 pm
    —
Maps look cool. Please keep working this one.

#16:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:40 pm
    —
Well its December - how are things going? It would be great to play some new mod over the Christmas Holidays. How does Ortona look?

#17:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:45 am
    —
ETA??? were looking forward to this mod!

#18:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:48 pm
    —
Awesome mod in the making. Keep the faith pt11070. Smile

Thank you for all your efforts and commitment.

#19:  Author: LiveFree PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:12 am
    —
Any new updates? I was really looking forward to a mod with lots of mountains, like the Alps or something. From the pics it looked like some maps had those famous mountain villages sorrounded by the rolling hills.

I hope it hasn't been abandoned, looks like an amazing project.

I wish you all the best!

#20:  Author: Panzergrenadier87Location: Birmingham, UK PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:50 am
    —
Hey, this mod looks like it should be pretty awesome, the screenshots look excellent!

Just otu of interest, have you a BG/Unit listing yet? It's not an operation I'm hugely familiar with, was interested to know which forces were involved!

Cheers

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2