Can't see tree layer inside 5CC v1.22
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#21: Re: Can't see tree layer inside 5CC v1.22 Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 pm
    —
Looks and sounds like an old-time modding community in here  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

#22: Re: Can't see tree layer inside 5CC v1.22 Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm
    —
Mafi wrote (View Post):
Concerning BED9: might be a bug.

I have verified that, in my opinion, is not a bug in your program, but a bug in the game. I have verified it in the following way:
- a screenshot of org CC TLD destratmap screen, reworked in a graphic program and resized to original 800x600 size. Plus map 0 destratmap map tga.
- a screenshot of org CC TLD maps overview screen, reworked in a graphic program and resized to the original 800x600 size. Plus red ring tga.
-  stratmap.txt opened. Map 0 coordinate checked about destratmap and maps overview.

Result: destratmap coordinates match perfectly in the image in graphic program; instead, maps overview coordinates are wrong in the same way (something like 25-30 pixels more east and 6-8 more north).

Basically, for me it means the following: org map overview coordinates are of course correct (correct = adapted to this bug), so there is “something of wrong” in the image, I mean in the way that the image is processed at coding level (a bug). Using your program the issue it starts from the opposite point of view, but the wrong result it’s the same (in your program it can be showed the image and the red ring can be placed correctly, but in the game it results wrong in the same way).

I suppose that coders had adjusted red ring in a similar way like the mine: manually changing the coordinates multiple times, and verifying multiple times in the game the result (I always use a temporary overview map with every map position colored of a specific color to finish the work more quickly). I also suspect that it's a very old bug (CC5) never corrected (it interests coders, not players).

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2