Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR Author: EagleEye PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:33 pm
    —
Hello, I would like to be able to draw tactics on maps to make AARs, I know MILsketch but I have experienced some crashes on Windows, there are any alternatives except for drawing softwares like Photoshop, Inkscape, etc...? What you use?

#2: Re: Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:37 pm
    —
Powerpoint is quick and easy and you can download tactical graphics for it ready to use.

#3: Re: Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:06 pm
    —
Havent used it but GIMP was supposed to be an open source photoshop a few years ago

#4: Re: Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR Author: EagleEye PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:16 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Powerpoint is quick and easy and you can download tactical graphics for it ready to use.

Commonly I use Google Slides, it can be used instead of PowerPoint even for this task? The military simbols are included or you have a website where I can found them

#5: Re: Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:53 am
    —
i prefer milsketch.. all other programs you would have to build you up a library for it to be efficient, much like i had to do for a circuit board cad program, so i could use it for guitar wiring.,. takes awhile but once you have a robust set of symbols,swatches, etc, it will get faster

now, i do use powerpoint but not for aar's but to make symbols for boardgames.  such as these attachments

UNIT SET_Ver4.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  614.16 KB
 Viewed:  4256 Time(s)

UNIT SET_Ver4.JPG

#6: Re: Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:07 am
    —
here is the rest of the conter set.. this was a boardgame  idea i had.. based on battleforce I and II which is part of the battletech universe but with much more emphasis on conventional units, Command and control  and more real world military

these are the mech counter portion.. i also have counters for an idea loosely based on ASL but simplified  w/changes in games mechanics that are from another game..

alot of good ideas.. just not feeling very motivated here lately

All these counters where done in power point. I did use paint shop pro and Vector Magic a bit too. this version of the counters is at version 4 and pretty much finalized

UNIT SET_Ver4_1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  437.17 KB
 Viewed:  4248 Time(s)

UNIT SET_Ver4_1.JPG

#7: Re: Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR Author: EagleEye PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:29 am
    —
The issue with milsketch is that on win 10 it crashes sometimes and on Mac doesn't run even with wine so I was looking for an alternative

#8: Re: Software to draw tactics on maps for AAR Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:10 pm
    —
Did you find mil.symbols to use for Google slides?
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AWFC_enNO794NO794&ei=XabEXImxJe32qwGTyIHYAQ&q=mil+symbols+powerpoint&oq=mil+symbols+powerpoint&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30l5.9146.11203..11452...0.0..0.166.1349.4j7......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j33i160j33i21.iOL7iN7x9vE

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1