UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:16 pm
    —
Ive been updating several CC3 mods to work with COI..  I have about finished the 1st mod which is PACIFIC MOD or PACMOD for short.. For the most part it was easy exept for a bit of confusion over the mod swap plugin..  NO!! Not the scripts aspect of it which is childsplay but I built them like the old zeppo plug-ins..  There is a slightly different way to zip them that I did not immediately catch but now that is worked out

My problem is directed at other modder ..  For reasons that are obvious , I had to edit the COI EXE in hex editor which I did to fix one problem.. But I have another problem that im at a loss .. Fixing the problem is no issue but finding it is giving me fits..

Where and the hell is the Combat messages that are in the battle screen stored?  I thought it would be in Gadgets1 which has all the battlescreen GUI images or that it was in the EXE.. I even checked the DLL. Ive searched both the EXE and DLL in a hex editor with key words and various permutations of those key words..  I rarely ask for any CC modding help as I can generally figure stuff out myself but this one of those times i need a bit of assistance

Here is a screenshot.. Once this issue is resolved, the Pacific Mod will be done. Im planing on writing or amending a short read me for it and perhaps make a banner.

After Pacmod is complete.. France '40 and Afrika are on the todo list

Thx for any help

Neil

UO0011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Viewed:  4104 Time(s)

UO0011.jpg

#2: Re: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:20 pm
    —
Those messages I am sure I have seen either in the .DLL (Most likely) OR in the .exe

#3: Re: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:25 pm
    —
Found it: Its in string table; folder 1213; String 1033

#4: Re: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:29 pm
    —
That was fast and you are awesome.. Thx

#5: Re: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:33 pm
    —
one question.. This string table is located where?  exe or dll?

#6: Re: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:45 pm
    —
No prob, .DLL my friend.

#7: Re: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:47 pm
    —
never mind.. I think i found it,..  DLL and im using a program called resource tuner to read it..

THX

#8: Re: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:30 pm
    —
after doing a few edits.. I didnt realize that all the string messages was in that file.. I just copied the dll from cc3:pacmod to COI..Its unlikely that any significant changes were done from that file from cc3 to coi, so i think it will be safe to do so.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1