FIXED map plugin issue.. BOOM
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: FIXED map plugin issue.. BOOM Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm
    —
OK.. Im happy

As I have stated in another post. I am in the process of making map plug ins but ran into an issue with 3 of them. The worst one was WF map pack. the maps would not uninstall fully and couldnt figure out why. I had my suspicions though and I was just proven correct just now when I correctly deduced what the problem was. gavrus.los and gavrus.txt would not uninstall and thus cause the game to crash once you clicked on custom battlemaker.. Being a programmer in a past life you never actually stop thnking like one and I knew the most likely culprit would be..I knew I was correct minute i checked the files and those 2 were set to read-only out of the 6 map files

the mod manager will not correctly uninstall any file if it has a property of read-only checked it looks like

Well, just happy as hell

neil

#2: Re: FIXED map plugin issue.. BOOM Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 pm
    —
just fixed the 3 plugins that was giving me issues...

WF,GD,France '40,Pacific,Veitnam and afrika map plugins are complete and pass my inspection

Ill be ready to upload them in a few days

why did i make plugins for map packs.?  Simple. For convenience and versatility..  CC loads a bit slower when the map folder has alot of files in it. This way, you can just install what you need for a mod

#3: Re: FIXED map plugin issue.. BOOM Author: GameRat PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:00 pm
    —
nice job troubleshooting that problem

#4: Re: FIXED map plugin issue.. BOOM Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm
    —
GameRat wrote (View Post):
nice job troubleshooting that problem

thx.. Been awhile since I had a success story like this..  lol

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1