Anyone Tried Steel Division ?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Anyone Tried Steel Division ? Author: __Creeper__ PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:21 am
    —
I've been looking at this game called Steel Division that looks really interesting as an Close Combat series Vet. Not saying it looks similar but definitely might appeal to the same crowd, I'll probably pick it up as soon as there is a sale.

#2: Re: Anyone Tried Steel Division ? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:34 pm
    —
yea.. looks interesting .. i have it but still in the process of playing several other games so i have been to lazy to check it out other than set up the video settings to my liking

#3: Re: Anyone Tried Steel Division ? Author: shorttape PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:19 pm
    —
SERIOUSLY LOOKING A IT , I AM WAITING TO SEE WHAT THE NEW CLOSE COMBAT HAS TO OFFER .
THE CLOSE COMBAT APPEARS TO BE A POOR COUSIN COMPARED TO THE STEEL DIVISION .
I HOPE THATS NOT THE CASE BUT LOOKING AT THE RECENT EXAMPLES ON LINE IT LOOKS PANTS !!

#4: Re: Anyone Tried Steel Division ? Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:45 pm
    —
There is a write up here about another game Steel Panzers 2 from Gizmodo

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/07/steel-division-2-so-close-to-an-rts-classic-and-yet-so-far/

Says its lacking in a few aspects..... but then..... we all like things others might not.

#5: Re: Anyone Tried Steel Division ? Author: Bendit PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:38 am
    —
I haven't tried Steel Division 2 yet, but Steel Division Normandy (from 2018?) was well worth a shot. Some things I felt it does better than CC were the tank engagements, and at realistic ranges, and three waves of reinforcements to each battle in 'phases'. It also has nice 3D maps, units and effects. Where Steel Division fell behind CC for me was in infantry and squad combat, where Steel Division Normandy is more abstract and simple.

In Steel Division the maps are so large you have to play zoomed out so much that units are rendered as just icons most of the time, at least if playing in real time. I do like the smaller scale of Close Combat maps for watching a battle better, and how squads of infantry are better modeled as individuals.

Both CC and SD feature really interesting varieties of units and interesting, plausibly realistic, maps.

It's definitely worth checking out SD, especially if you see it on sale. I shall pick up SD 2 at some stage.

#6: Re: Anyone Tried Steel Division ? Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:56 am
    —
Wow 5 out of 6 reviews do not recommend on Steam site.  Not good.  Graphics are amazing but does not look like realistic gaming.

PanzerCorps 2 looking good https://www.slitherine.com/game/panzer-corps-2

#7: Re: Anyone Tried Steel Division ? Author: Bendit PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:41 pm
    —
5 out of 6 Steam reviewers don't recommend what, dj?

I see 70% of Steam reviewers recommending Steel Division 2, and similar stats for the first game: Steel Division Normandy.

#8: Re: Anyone Tried Steel Division ? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:27 pm
    —
I tried SD II awhile back and while it was not terrible, I found it hard to get into..  CC still reigns supreme in WW II rts combat.. Now the wargame series that is made by eugene;the same company that makes SD, is an excelent modern day rts that is every bit as good as CC.. in a few ways , it is superior and in 1 or 2 ways CC is better

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1