Information - Help
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: Information - Help Author: PanzerWerferLocation: Prato PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:28 pm
    —
how do you play online with game rangers in mods version?
game ranger does not see the mods installed

thanks

#2: Re: Information - Help Author: GameRat PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:21 pm
    —
PanzerWerfer wrote (View Post):
how do you play online with game rangers in mods version?
game ranger does not see the mods installed

thanks

For a Mod to work with Game Ranger:
1. Mod files installed with ModSwap.
2. Game screens need to be original or altered is a specific way.

This has been done for LSA Gold, Juno, Sword version 9.0 (GJS 9.0).
linked here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11897

#3: Re: Information - Help Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:53 am
    —
FIGURED IT OUT:

for what its worth, i know people with similar problems read these so ill tell you how i dealt with it.  As far as I know you can't make it work on game ranger. UNLESS you get shifty old school style like I remember doing way back with CC3 and I didn't know about Mod Swop.

I just changed my main Close combat The Longest Day folder to The Longest Day 2 (literally just added the number 2 to name--but thats arbitrary, you can name it anything you want).  

By doing that it will no longer launch.  Then I REINSTALLED GAME.   Now you have two versions.   Go back into old TLD 2 folder and find KHARKOV file (or whatever mod you wants folder) open it and select all folders (DATA/GAMES/LOCALFX/GRAPHICS, ETC) and Copy them.  Go back toyour  NEW TLD folder and click and paste into main folder area so that i asks if you want to overwrite everything.  Say YES.  Let it overwrite.   Now when you launch with new download HOLD CONTROL BUTTON and select "Play Windowed" and choose largest your video card can handle.   Then redo patch and GTC graphics (if your into that) and your GOOD TO GO on game ranger.  Its going to think its launching unmodded TLD.  But nah, your good

UPDATE: I apologize but this isn't quite worked out.  This is one of those things that theoretically should work.  But when I launch with my buddy it crashes.  Will update.  It does work to change game...so i just dont see why game crashes.  will advise.  any input is helpful.  Im a layman at this but am trying.   this used to work with russian front in the 90s.

UPDATE 2:   Brandenburg or someone said that it had something to do with the main menu screen.  if its not identical to regular game, it causes a crash. . i dont see how but thats about my nerd grade.

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1