Campaign crash when executing strategic turn
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Campaign crash when executing strategic turn Author: Bendit PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:04 am
    —
I have been playing a rip roaring campaign of Bloody Omaha with CC5. (Awesome experience and props to the makers.) To my great frustration I reached a point where whatever I did in the campaign, it would crash when I executed my turn.

I spent some hours looking through years of posts for solutions.  Shocked

The solution I found was to use the "Re-release Save Game Editor" to load my crashing campaign, switch sides with it, and save. Then load the new save in CC5 and execute the strategic turn as the 'enemy'. You can move a few AI battlegroups and assign any support before executing.

When executing the turn as the opposition, it shouldn't crash CC5. Once the strategic turn has been executed, leave CC5 and load up your campaign save in the editor to switch sides back in your saved campaign.

The only disadvantage is that you lose strategic control of your forces for a turn, but you still get to fight all the battles and continue.

Here's the link to the Save Game Editor (which worked fine with CC5):
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4203

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1