WAR_ArdennesOffensive_v1.03 INSTALLATION/LAUNCH ISSUE
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: WAR_ArdennesOffensive_v1.03 INSTALLATION/LAUNCH ISSUE Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:29 pm
    —
If anyone can help with this one i'd appreciate it.  When I launch it works, you get the intro and sound.  Then it sometimes itll sit there on the menu screen until I click on anything and it just crashes with no errors.  other times it crashes right away.  The menu screen looks funny.  I attached a pic.   It used to give me a little error box with with some mumbo jumbo that i wish I had taken a screen shot of but didn't.  now it doesn't do that.  I tweaked with compatibility for awhile.  nothing really worked.  any thoughts?

ardennes.jpg
 Description:
pic of screen before crash
 Filesize:  1.01 MB
 Viewed:  4168 Time(s)

ardennes.jpg

#2: Re: WAR_ArdennesOffensive_v1.03 INSTALLATION/LAUNCH ISSUE Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:46 pm
    —
It looks like the mod did not install properly as weapon images should not appear on the opening screen.

Uninstall the mod and then game.
Reinstall the game. Does it work fine without the mod?
Try reinstalling the mod

#3: Re: WAR_ArdennesOffensive_v1.03 INSTALLATION/LAUNCH ISSUE Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm
    —
it will launch correctly without MOD.  But ill start from scratch and get back to you.  thanks for the response.

#4: Re: WAR_ArdennesOffensive_v1.03 INSTALLATION/LAUNCH ISSUE Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 pm
    —
No dice.  started from ground up and still get same look when it launches.  launched it with regular WAR plus patch.  worked fine.  Added MOD, and crash.   any other ideas?   thank you kindly.

#5: Re: WAR_ArdennesOffensive_v1.03 INSTALLATION/LAUNCH ISSUE Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:54 pm
    —
It sounds like the mod is for an older version of WAR; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11447&highlight=ardennes

The link to FirefoxCCmods in the thread no longer works but I found this site; https://firefoxccmods.com/wp/

#6: Re: WAR_ArdennesOffensive_v1.03 INSTALLATION/LAUNCH ISSUE Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:11 am
    —
That did it brotha.  Thank you kindly!

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1