CC5 installation issues. please help!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC5 installation issues. please help! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:06 pm
    —
I got this to work in the past so i know i CAN...but i never did it with windows 10.  I have CD...although i dont even remember if there was a serial number when you bought it, but it didn't ask.  its downloaded....full install.  ive tweaked with comparability settings... but when i click on icon...nothing happens.  just sits there.  game never launches.  i KNOW this is an old issue probably and probably asked a few times.   is there a link to some instructions?  ive looked through the forums and can't find the right one.  any help is much appreciated.  thank you kindly.

#2: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:19 pm
    —
Update, if disc is in it and you do auto run, it will put up the initial screen where you hit "play" but then disc spins and nothing ever happens or launches.

#3: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:28 pm
    —
Its been so long..... did this original disc come with a serial number or code?   i feel like i remember it having one. i dont have one...or lost it.  but it didnt ask me for it....

#4: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:57 pm
    —
The Atomic CC5 CD had copy protection (no serial but a CD check). I think there is a no cd version of the exe in the downloads or instructions in the forums on how to hexedit the CD check out of the exe.

The Matrix CC games all have serial # protection.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:16 am
    —
Its just weird that it installed without ever asking me for the serial number....  I found CC5_NoCD.zip which ill mess around with.  thanks again.

#6: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:23 am
    —
Im embarrassed to say this, but the plain old patch fixed it. i didn't bother to install the patch because game wasnt working.  etc.  thanks for the input.

#7: Re: CC5 installation issues. please help! Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:46 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The Atomic CC5 CD had copy protection (no serial but a CD check). I think there is a no cd version of the exe in the downloads or instructions in the forums on how to hexedit the CD check out of the exe.

The Matrix CC games all have serial # protection.

With CC, you could make an image  of the cd and load the image..That works too. Thats how I play CC5 w/o a physical CD

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1