Value of Snipers?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Value of Snipers? Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:48 am
    —
What is your take on the value of snipers?  When playing CC3: The Russian Front I was able to use my snipers and have some success with them.  In later mods, mostly PitF and GTC, I find that my sniper are nearly worthless, even when playing with armor heavily reduced and using mostly infantry.  

Instead of using individual snipers, I have since moved them into the "designated marksman" position where they are part of a squad rather than on their own.

Thoughts?

#2: Re: Value of Snipers? Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:59 am
    —
Take a look at www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11891 topic, where your question was discussed previously.

#3: Re: Value of Snipers? Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:41 pm
    —
thank you

#4: Re: Value of Snipers? Author: Bendit PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:31 pm
    —
I agree snipers are mostly useless in PitF. They seem to be hard-coded to be terrible shots. Changing their accuracy and caliber of shot with modding tools did nothing to their kill rate, and I was testing for two days to try and get them a bit better...even against men at ideal ranges in zero cover they almost always miss.

All they are good for as individuals in PitF are as spotters for the team and for slowing enemy troops down.

I also modded/added them to rifle teams as designated marksmen, where they are still mostly useless.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1