Fix for Alt+Tab crash in older Close Combat games
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Fix for Alt+Tab crash in older Close Combat games Author: asdf2k PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:13 am
    —
When playing the older Close Combat games, pressing Alt+Tab during the game to switch to another window will make it crash displaying the message "Action not supported". Here's how to fix it:

-Install Dxwnd: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/ - it's a small program that allows to run fullscreen games in windowed mode, but also adds numerous other fixes
-Download and unzip the Dxwnd profile that I attached in my post
-Open Dxwnd and choose "File->Import" to import the profile you just downloaded
-Right-click the profile that has been added and click "Modify". Change the "Path" to match your installation path of the game. I set it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Close Combat 2\cc2.exe" but your path is probably different. The profile isn't just for Close Combat 2, it should work with the other CC games as well.
-Click OK, then double-click the profile to launch the game. You should now be able to use Alt+Tab without the game crashing.

As mentioned, Dxwnd also allows you to play the game in a window instead of full screen, just edit the profile and tick the "Run in window" checkbox.

cc2_dxwnd.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cc2_dxwnd.zip
 Filesize:  1.15 KB
 Downloaded:  590 Time(s)

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1