Mods not working.....
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Mods not working..... Author: CCebola PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:48 pm
    —
So there are several mods available for GTC..

A-Shau (Vietnam)
Just Cause (Panama)
Reforger (Fulda Gap)
IDF (Israel/arab)
38 Yankee (mordern day N. Korea) not fully complete from my understanding

Most of these mods were done by Bel8910. Not sure if he still posts here but he does absolutely great work. I appreciate all the time he’s put in to this and I mean no disrespect at all.

Individually all mods work if you are playing a single battle but when I try to play a single player campaign whether provided with mod or created campaign the game will always crash. Typically when time runs out or when AI moral gets too low the game always freezes up and says loading just as it’s abiut to switch to the results screen.

1946 mod will just freeze mid game.

It’s such a shame cause the WW2 theme for me is just no longer as appealing.
Has anyone else experienced these issues? The complete core of the game is intact and maybe one of the board geniuses can take this up and hopefully provide an easy fix.

#2: Re: Mods not working..... Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:22 pm
    —
You are doing better than me as I could only get 1946 working and I have had no problems with it.

Would be great to have a fix for the other games.

#3: Re: Mods not working..... Author: CCebola PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:52 pm
    —
Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
You are doing better than me as I could only get 1946 working and I have had no problems with it.

Would be great to have a fix for the other games.

1946 worked well for me for a while but about halfway through campaign it too had the issues mentioned above. I’ve had more luck using these mods in PITF than GTC. Single battles should work fine but not single player campaigns.

I don’t think single player campaigns are too popular so not many players are even aware of these issues. Reforger is an awesome mod though even against AI

I agree it would be worth fixing and I would be willing to chip in some money to anyone that could find a fix

#4: Re: Mods not working..... Author: Mr_Nuke PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:49 pm
    —
Well, it's a long time I didn't intervene here but I do agree with OP's opinion, at least on the mods I've tested: 1946, PITF and A-Shau. RTC works very well as you said. I don't know where the other mods are available. A-Shau is the most stable but there's no campaign in my game except for the original ones.

IDF and 38 Yankee are a mess to install. One doesn't know which files to keep and which ones to put aside.

All these mods except for RTC seem unfinished and not fully tested to me. Reading the forum makes me think that Bel hops from one project to another without totally finishing his mods.

I learned with your topic of the existence of Just Cause and Reforger. They do look interesting indeed.

I use the GOG version on Linux with Wine and it works, contrary to CC5 which doesn't install properly and doesn't launch with no solution in sight.

I don't want to disrespect the modders but GTC is way superior to CC4 or CC5 and I would prefer getting more finished mods for the former. BTW I'm not against a small PayPal donation as a way to support a modder's work.

PS: I don't use Facebook, etc, and don't plan to then my sole source of CC information are forums.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1