Bloody first map 3D to 2D
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Bloody first map 3D to 2D Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:26 pm
    —
First part of a Bloody First map converted and tested in Panthers in the Fog. -Djebel Berda 2D version.

Djebel Berda1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  852.27 KB
 Viewed:  3817 Time(s)

Djebel Berda1.jpg

#2: Re: Bloody first map 3D to 2D Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 am
    —
Nice job.  What about the other way importing older mod data or map conversion?  Heard about new mod update to TBF but probably won't support much.

#3: Re: Bloody first map 3D to 2D Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:42 am
    —
Cool idea.

#4: Re: Bloody first map 3D to 2D Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:33 am
    —
DJ: Dak_Legion and Nomada Firefox are doing conversions of 2D maps to 3D with 5CC and the TBF editor. It seems to work allright even though the texture resolution after upscaling the older maps suffers a bit.

Anthony_nz: Thank you!

#5: Re: Bloody first map 3D to 2D Author: Jatke PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:27 pm
    —
Did the height map export from TBF and import to PitF or did you code this proof of concept as flat dirt ?

#6: Re: Bloody first map 3D to 2D Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:29 pm
    —
The map editor of TBF can output a heightmap that can be used to code height automatically with 5CC, but I used a slightly different workflow involving heightmap adjustments in Blender.
So I used the HM from Blender to auto code height with 5CC. I have not yet done a detailed terrain element coding for this test of concept yet. I just coded everything with "Dirt" - Fun thing is the AI attacked me quite vigorously on this map. I think the TBF maps actually looks better in 2D!

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1