ANZAC Day 2020
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: ANZAC Day 2020 Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:20 am
    —
I was expecting a post from our mate Bungarra but he let us down  Wink

A strange ANZAC day today, usually busy with a memorial parade in Melbourne and local commemorations, all cancelled for virus reasons of course.

However the day remains what it is, a memorial of a long distant battle with the hope that it never happens again.

#2: Re: ANZAC Day 2020 Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:45 am
    —
Yeah strange time here in NZ too.  No commemorations except for a service on nationwide radio.  But in going for a couple of short (virus proof) walks today there were lots of home made poppies out, chalk drawings in driveways and the likes that kids had done.  Quite touching

#3: Re: ANZAC Day 2020 Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:42 pm
    —
Yes a very quiet ANZAC day here as well...... Not the norm but my wife and I had a service out here on the station and we both spoke about past and present conflicts and the debt we owe all those that served past and present......

We generally have quite a few people out here 15-20 from all over West Oz to commemorate with us and right through the day we received calls at their regret of not being able to come. But all held there own service in what space they had.

My delight is that no matter what, all realise that we have the freedom we have through others sacrifice and it will never be forgotten.

Lest we forget

This rotten virus and the panic that ensued is a reminder of the fragile world in which we live.

Stay safe everyone !

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1