STEAM release of WAR
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: STEAM release of WAR Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:15 pm
    —
I just noticed that Matrix released WAR on Steam today. Claiming enhancements and support for HD.
The Matrix standalone installer is updated with a new version as well. - The GOG-release was probably was a success, so I guess this means that they will release all the rest of their CC versions on Steam as well.

#2: Re: STEAM release of WAR Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:54 pm
    —
It installed fine and now includes the same options as LSA under Options/General;
- Framed Window
- Use DPI
- Scale Front End
- Scale UI
- lock Mouse

I assume the scaling is still fixed at 1.5 like LSA. This definitely helps on my 1920x1200 though I would prefer 2x to not blur the UI images.

Didn't notice any other changes. All the files have a new date so you can not easily tell if any were edited or not. Most likely the changes are limited to the exe.

I would hope to see TLD next, most likely in June, since WAR/TLD are almost identical.

#3: Re: STEAM release of WAR Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:31 pm
    —
They did leave out the CC4Classic from this edition, but cant see any changes in any of the data files or graphics, no. You are correct the .exe is a different size.

I bet they will release both TLD and CCMT. - I am hoping for more CCMT players you know Very Happy

Btw Tejzd. I am working on a stratmap creation tutorial for PIFT/GTC - would you have some time to review it in a few days to give some feedback before its published ?

#4: Re: STEAM release of WAR Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:48 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
They did leave out the CC4Classic from this edition, but cant see any changes in any of the data files or graphics, no. You are correct the .exe is a different size.

I bet they will release both TLD and CCMT. - I am hoping for more CCMT players you know Very Happy

Btw Tejzd. I am working on a stratmap creation tutorial for PIFT/GTC - would you have some time to review it in a few days to give some feedback before its published ?

Good catch on CC4Classic, that does explain why the installer is so much smaller. Wonder if before uninstalling the previous version you could copy CC4Classic somewhere else and then paste it back to run as a mod???

For the stratmp creation tutorial I would gladly do a review when you have it available.

#5: Re: STEAM release of WAR Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:29 pm
    —
Thank you for your offer to help out. Appreciated!

I did an additional install for the new WAR version and just tried copying the CC4Classic over and it works!

#6: Re: STEAM release of WAR Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:14 pm
    —
why did they leave out cc4?

#7: Re: STEAM release of WAR Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:55 pm
    —
vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
why did they leave out cc4?

I thinks it because of the deal to let GOG sell CC games which includes Close Combat 4: The Battle of the Bulge;
https://www.gog.com/game/close_combat_4_the_battle_of_the_bulge?&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkK_Y5cWs6QIVBBLnCh3h8gDsEAAYASAAEgI0h_D_BwE

If they kept including it why would anyone buy CC4 when you can buy WAR and get the new maps/strategic layer plus the original CC4 maps/strategic layer.

For anyone upgrading;
- copy the CC4Classic sub-directory somewhere
- uninstall the old WAR version
- install the new WAR version
- Copy the CC4Classic sub-directory back
- Create a Shortcut to start WAR with the CC4Classic mod

#8: Re: STEAM release of WAR Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:48 am
    —
Panthers in the Fog and Last Stand Arnhem also on Steam.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1