Mooxe a CC Hero
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: Curtain68 PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:36 pm
    —
I check into here every morning as part of my routine. Put on heating, make coffee, roll fag, check news and cc.net, then have shower when it is warm. Not a lot of traffic these days but I get comfort just knowing cc.net is there.
Like my compatriots, I have lost years of work through disk failures but like them I go back. They and you are my heroes.
I have been working on something for a while now, want to do more work on it before I say much.
Anyway mate just want to thank you so much.

#2: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:06 am
    —
Seconded! Definitely appreciate what you’ve done for us over the years as you’ve given us a place to chat and host mods. Thank you!

#3: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:47 am
    —
This site has helped keep my interest in the close combat series,Thank you.

#4: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: Pzt_bebusszmski PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:51 pm
    —
I always thought it was a shame that the CC community was never very big, but conversely it had the benefit that most users are familiar to each other.

I don't think I've touched CC for the last 13 years. If it wasn't for this site, I don't think it would have been possible to get back to playing CC. This is the place to find tips, mods, files and everything CC related you need.

I was reading though some of the old threads and stumbled across Mooxe's thread about closing the site. I'm glad this wasn't the case and credit to the site running for so long and having the most ever users online afterwards in 2017.

Thank you Mooxe and everyone else who has kept this community alive whilst some of us drop out, but also know where we can always come back.

#5: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:17 pm
    —
Yes! - A big thank you to Mooxe for keeping the site up and running, with a clean forum, downloads, history and even an FTP.
I am visiting the almost daily and sometimes downloading an old mod or some maps.

This site is a great contactpoint to refer old hands or newcomers to the series alike.

#6: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:17 am
    —
Indeed Mooxe.... Thanks for keeping the site alive !

I remember too the time you were thinking about shutting up shop....   Shocked

As has been said, its a site for people with like minded interests and I daily visit when I can.

I feel too that we are all part of a big family so to speak, and that everyone contributes in their own small way.

I hope retirement from the military is keeping you fit and active.

Be safe my friend and everyone else !

It is because of this site..... We have our own little band of brothers  Wink

#7: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:19 am
    —
Thank you guys. I am happy to see regulars and new people joining and posting in the forums.

I have tried to get back into the Close Combat scene, but I think I may have moved on playing CC for a long while. CCS will keep on trucking though. Like Curtain68 I check the forums in the morning before I go to work even though I rarely post. I always look forward to Bungarra's posts and like seeing new mods. I am a member in the CC discord as well under the name Jack Munny. That was a good idea to get the Discord going, thank you EagleEye.

CCS costs 10$ per month to run, between the odd donation that comes in, and the very very limited ads here I break about even each year. I backup CCS monthly and store the copy locally at home just in case. Unfortunately CCS will not run with some modern server software, so I cannot upgrade anything here. As a result CCS may be more open to attacks, but conversely its so old now most attackers bypass CCS. I did contemplate about closing it a few years ago. Back then I figured if the site gets below 100 visitors per day for a few months I'll consider closing. That hasn't happened. In fact during COVID19 traffic has increased visits by about 40%. There's no real reason to close anyways so CCS will stay up for the foreseeable future.

#8: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:01 am
    —
Yep.  I'll second everything that's been said here.  After all that's been said and done over the years CC.net has become the spiritual (and virtual of course) home for CC.
I am amazed by the sheer amount of readily available DLC that has been here for years on end now.  It's also wonderful to see quite a few 'younger' players popping up as well.
So Mooxe, well done and thank you for your dedicated service to the community.  Without yourself, CC would be a small collection of disks sitting on shelves never getting used.
BZ mate.

#9: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 am
    —
Many thanks Mooxe for keeping this platform available for all these past years. I have to say that the many years I worked security overnights, I needed something to keep me occupied. And even though I have every CC game (except for TBF), without a central location for enterprising and creative gamers to make their mods known, and then to be able to download the mods, my time would have been far less interesting, in other words, VERY BORING. I have played nearly all of the CC games, including nearly every mod, many times over and I can't imagine how it would have been without them.

#10: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:32 am
    —
I absolutely agree, I check in here every now and then, it's a safe port in a world of fast paced social medias and imageboards. Same as I keep coming back to playing CC as soon as I burn out on other games.

#11: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 pm
    —
I check the forum every day and I dont know why  Laughing : I don't play regularly and don't work on mods anymore. It's a sort of drug and I always hope to see a new game that will be as
addictive as Close combat. I'm actually trying Steel division and it's pretty good but definitely no a cc game Smile
Thanks Mooxe to keep this game alive!

#12: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:07 pm
    —
Thanks mooxe! with out this site many tools and resources would have been lost to time. Whenever I forget how to edit something or need certain resource  I come here and search it on the forum.

The game itself... I don't know, it has some certain charm in it.

#13: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: evilwebster PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:16 pm
    —
Yeah. I agree. Thank you Mooxe. Don't be afraid to use that email list either, if you ever need some currency to pay for the hosting, let me know.

#14: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: mattymattcarmichaelLocation: United States PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:25 pm
    —
evilwebster wrote (View Post):
Yeah. I agree. Thank you Mooxe. Don't be afraid to use that email list either, if you ever need some currency to pay for the hosting, let me know.

I found my old account, and when I tried to update my email address I inadvertently found the newer account. But the statement remains true.

#15: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: GameRat PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:22 am
    —
Really appreciate you keeping this website going Mooxe ... big thanks! Smile

#16: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:19 am
    —
Thanks Mate!

#17: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:42 am
    —
He's no Stwa.

Exclamation

#18: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:41 pm
    —
Yes THANKS Mooxe for all you do running this site and consistency for keeping CCS going while we lost all the other sites.

#19: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: Astalon PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:42 am
    —
I've followed this site for a while and only joined recently. I've been playing CC on and off since the first Microsoft game came out in 1996, and this site inspired me to rediscover the series (now own COI, LSA, WAR, TLD). If it wasn't for this site, I'd have no ideas about mods (only started installing them recently).

To all of those out there who run the site and those who contribute many hours to building incredible mods for the Western Front, Eastern Front, North Africa (one of the most interesting campaigns in WW2) and the Pacific - a sincere thanks to you all. Wish I had the map making skills to contribute something or have the time to regularly comment with words of encouragement such as Tejszd.

Once again, a sincere thanks to you all.

#20: Re: Mooxe a CC Hero Author: rufus PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:14 pm
    —
i agree with all the above thanks mooxe

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2