H2H crashes on GOG - can anyone help?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: H2H crashes on GOG - can anyone help? Author: squatter PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:25 pm
    —
Hello all!

I'm an old CC player who was tempted to re-purchase some of the games on GOG to play with an old friend.

We tried a few operations on CCV playing against each other in the same room through internet connection. We didn't have to fiddle with any ports or anything like that to get connection - was quite easy.

It was amazing to play again - unbelievable the CC series is still the best game ever made in its class!

But we suffered from the same old bugbear that we always used to back in the day - basically, somewhere around 50% of our battles would crash mid battle. I can't remember the frequency of these crashes back in the day, but we've always experienced this to a greater or lesser extent, no matter the PCs we've been using. But on GOG the crashes were just too much to continue playing any operation, as you'd have to restart around 50% of battles and replay them. We tried changing the connection options (fast v reliable) but didn't seem to make any difference.

Is this something that everyone experiences? Or is there something that can be done to ensure reliability? I would be hugely grateful if anyone was able to help out!!

Is there some kind of fix for this

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1