Military History Visualized Youtube channel
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Military History Visualized Youtube channel Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:34 am
    —
Hi all,

Those of you who are not familiar with it, I recommend you check out the Military History Visualized Youtube channel. It provides interesting background information on things WW2 related.
For instance a vid about the tactical role of the MP40. MP40 role and tactics
It can also be an eyeopener on how to properly pronounce German military terminology   Smile

#2: Re: Military History Visualized Youtube channel Author: __Creeper__ PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:46 pm
    —
I've dabbled in this channel for a year or so now.

I'd recommend TIK channel.

He's a former Close Combat player who makes an incredibly detailed WWII documentary series " battlestorm " Easily the best I've seen on youtube.

#3: Re: Military History Visualized Youtube channel Author: __Creeper__ PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 pm
    —
Also I've been checking out Mark Felton Productions. Pretty sweet videos about smaller scale zoomed in accounts of battles and skirmishes.  I can't account for any accuracy of these channels. I watch for entertainment and accept the fact that any part of it could be inaccurate for all I know.

Mark Felton Productions told a story of a German Panther Tank ace which sounded eerily to a scenario in " Panzer Front " game Also based on a supposedly true events, in both account and tank aces names. As a result of the similarities I think one or both stories could have easily come from Nazi Propaganda of the day.

#4: Re: Military History Visualized Youtube channel Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:45 pm
    —
I think TIK went the political or opinion route in some of his videos awhile ago. Some of the comments sections are a mess, I seen the drama spread to Reddit by chance one day. I actually just removed the link to his Youtube here at CCS as he was no longer CC related and it looks as if he removed all his game content. Couldn't find any CC videos. He played a bunch of other video games too while he was getting started on Youtube and was active here in the forums (as TheImperatorKnight) for a bit.

Mark Felton was ok. Short videos, cool stories. Stopped watching simply because he re-uses a lot of stock WW2 footage in each of his videos.

There is a Netflix series titled Battlefield Recovery. It's like the Oak Island of lost WW2 artifacts but they actually find stuff. The editing makes it into a reality TV show. Watched a few episodes, they detail a bit of the story behind the artifacts they find. Not always a battle, sometimes just a defensive line, or just rear echelon stuff. No shortage of this type of stuff on Youtube, especially coming from the East front, interesting to watch.

Montemayor on Youtube is excellent. He's only done 10 videos. His ten videos have a combined view count higher than all of TIK's if that says anything about quality. His Midway video was his best, I didn't think I'd watch the full 41 minutes but I did. Very educational. Unfortunately looks like he hasn't uploaded in about a year.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7katl3DVmch4D7LSvqbVQ/videos

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1