CC5 Campaign
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: CC5 Campaign Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:06 pm
    —
Hi all !

I've been playing CC5 and Longest Day separately for years (bought the CD versions years ago), because I love the Cotentin map of CC5.
But now that the Steam release is out, I noticed on Matrix website that the CC5 campaign was available "for download" for LD players.

I may have missed something there, is the original CC5 campaign really available in LD ? I never understood why it didn't merge the beaches and the Cotentin map altogether in LD.

Thanks in advance Smile

#2: Re: CC5 Campaign Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:13 am
    —
Yes, the CC5 strat map, maps, BG’s, teams and vehicles were included using the TLD exe when it was released via a shortcut (like many mods). With the last patch the included CC5 mod was removed as Matrix is now letting GOG sell the original CC games.

So before applying the latest patch copy the CC5 directory in the TLD directory to somewhere else so you can put it back after the new version is installed.

#3: Re: CC5 Campaign Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:06 pm
    —
Thanks Tejszd for the answer !

#4: Re: CC5 Campaign Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:09 pm
    —
I definitely prefer the 'cc5 classic' to the TLD campaign; the latter is too short and too one-sided in favor of the allies

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1