Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:51 am
    —
Here is a link to the Matrix forum where SchnelleMeyer asked about it as Matrix didn't say anything about it in their own forum???
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4863913&mpage=1&key=&#4869115

Looks like they removed the CC3 Battles/Campaign/Operations and maps and added the UI scaling features that were in the last WAR/TLD/LSA versions;

- Scale Front End
- Scale UI
- Use DPI

Edit: this is the first version they made available on Steam. Looks like the deal to allow GOG to sell the old CC titles and the new along with releasing them on Steam is the driver for the feature removal and the update to allow them to work better on higher resolution monitors

#2: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: Astalon PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:31 am
    —
I too noticed that all.cc3 files are replaced. I also saw some other small changes as well, such as the intro video.

#3: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:42 am
    —
I wonder if this fixes any of the graphical problems with users on win10, like the 'pink screen' issue?

#4: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: Astalon PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:18 pm
    —
buuface wrote (View Post):
I wonder if this fixes any of the graphical problems with users on win10, like the 'pink screen' issue?

I have Win10 and there are no issues running this new version, except for on one occasion the game did not load.

#5: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:58 am
    —
Thanks for the heads-up...yes I also couldn't even get CoI working on Windows 7 kept crashing.  Will give it a try with this new version on Windows 10.  Plus check on a few mods haven't tried CoI mods in a long time.

#6: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: Astalon PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:34 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
Thanks for the heads-up...yes I also couldn't even get CoI working on Windows 7 kept crashing.  Will give it a try with this new version on Windows 10.  Plus check on a few mods haven't tried CoI mods in a long time.

Will be interested to know how the mods work with this new version given the removal of the .cc3 files. I've not tried it because I had trouble using mods on the old version of COI so I'm no expert in this matter. Using mods with all other games was fine, but the original COI was always an issue for me.

#7: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:21 pm
    —
Steve just posted in the Matrix forum that modswap was removed because "The updated Cross of Iron now supports the /D switch".

He did also post modswap for backwards compatibility here; https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4871051

#8: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:33 pm
    —
Honestly I really struggled getting CoI to even work when I upgraded to Window7 and gave up on trying mods.  Windows 10 seems to be more stable thus far so really hoping this update stabilized things enough for me try Grossdeutchland mod.

#9: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: Astalon PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:27 pm
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
Honestly I really struggled getting CoI to even work when I upgraded to Window7 and gave up on trying mods.  Windows 10 seems to be more stable thus far so really hoping this update stabilized things enough for me try Grossdeutchland mod.

That is one of the first mods I will try too. Couldn't get it to work with the previous version of COI.

#10: Re: Cross Of Iron v3.06.02 Released Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:28 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):

If this is the one with very small teams it is worth the effort. A very good mod. Difficult too, as the Russian teams are full numbers.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1