Stalingrad on LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Stalingrad on LSA Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:21 pm
    —
Converting Stalingrad to LSA with Buuface.

Mainscreen.png
 Description:
Possible mainscreen
 Filesize:  464.94 KB
 Viewed:  7918 Time(s)

Mainscreen.png

#2: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:46 pm
    —
Interesting. Can you give some more info?

#3: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:18 pm
    —
Exciting news Buuface/ScnelleMeyer!

Are you starting with the already converted to TLD_Stalingrad_v1.0_Installer?

#4: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:55 am
    —
Yeah started with the TLD 1.0.
Converted all data and some graphics by now.
The mod is running and is playable in LSA as of now. Need to convert and make the rest of the interface graphics.
BGs for now are just the strenghts from TLD ported. Need more research in this regard.
Maps have been translated by Buuface

#5: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:39 am
    —
The force pool will take some thinking/work.
- how many units should each BG be allowed to field in battle?
- how (automatic or manual) and when will units be added or taken away?

Sounds like good progress already!

#6: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:34 pm
    —
Thanks for the comments.

Exactly - there is some work to be done - Some factors regarding number of units to field:  the original mod used all slots, BGs in the mod are mostly divisional size units, the maps are large, allowing all slots make make full use of the BG stacking and attacking a map from 2 directions possibility as there is enough units to actually make an impact and people generally like to play with full compliment of units I think.
This is all arguments for all 15 slots to be open.
Supporting units is a different matter and we will discuss how to implement them.

Reinforcements tbd

#7: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: Aetius PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:41 am
    —
Thanks for the conversion, Looking forward to playing stalingrad in LSA.

Maybe some of the larger maps can be cut in half and the stratmap adjusted for extra maps?
Small maps really make a difference when playing against the AI.

#8: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:11 pm
    —
It looks like this first version for LSA will be more of a "players" edition without huge changes in BGs or strat/maps compared to the TLD version. More Lend lease vehicles is being added among other things.
This will shorten the time until its completed. So with the large original maps it is more suited to H2H play than vs the AI.
Your comments are welcome though and after this is completed I will work on a Sub-mod for the LSA version with more historical BGs. It is possible I will cut the maps for that version as I think most players are still playing vs the AI only.

#9: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:24 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer, I always play against the AI and have found the Stalingrad mod one of the most challenging ones the way it is playing as the Germans. I see no need to make it more challenging by cutting the size of the maps, if I may make my opinion.

#10: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: paratmar PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:02 pm
    —
Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
ScnelleMeyer, I always play against the AI and have found the Stalingrad mod one of the most challenging ones the way it is playing as the Germans. I see no need to make it more challenging by cutting the size of the maps, if I may make my opinion.

I fully agree with this opinion. And with my mod SAI, AI is aggressive and active on the big map, too. And thank you so much for transferring my favorite mod to LSA. Good luck and looking forward

#11: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:44 pm
    —
Cool, thanks for your comments and feedback guys. There will not be any cut maps for the first release for sure.

#12: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm
    —
But I am definitely looking forward to Stalingrad on LSA.

#13: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:08 am
    —
For more regular updates, please also join the community discord!

Our resident modders are active there. It is also where the ongoing GJS h2h Group Op is being played and administrated.

Once Stalingrad_LSA is complete it's highly likely there will be an new team operation underway. You can follow it's progress there.

https://discord.gg/sANkSD

#14: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:24 pm
    —
Amazing news! Good luck.

#15: Re: Stalingrad on LSA Author: FUPA PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:26 am
    —
Hello.
Very excited about this one, and I'd love to check progress on Discord. It seems that with the above link I can't though. Can you post a new one, Buuface?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1