Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:00 pm
    —
You have to admire these guys..... you just never know....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-14/world-war-two-bomb-found-in-poland-explodes-while-defused/12764522

#2: Re: Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused Author: GMAKLocation: Montreal PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:30 am
    —
I though this could happens

#3: Re: Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:49 pm
    —
Some very interesting information about the "Tallboy" bomb can be found at Wiki....

Design, targets, results, mission losses...

I don't think you would want to be around when one of these baby's went off..

The sinking of the Tirpitz is especially interesting, the amount of direct hits....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallboy_(bomb)

#4: Re: Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:05 pm
    —
I expected the blast to be bigger, even from underwater.

#5: Re: Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:22 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I expected the blast to be bigger, even from underwater.

Perhaps only part of the explosive was still active all all the years

#6: Re: Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:00 pm
    —
Maybe it went "low-order"... Not completely detonating, but a very rapid burn wich seems like the real thing, but is a fraction of the power potensial.

#7: Re: Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 pm
    —

Lutzow sunk in the canal... I assume that the larger craters are from tallboys...

#8: Re: Poland, WWII bomb detonates before being defused Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:35 am
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Maybe it went "low-order"... Not completely detonating, but a very rapid burn wich seems like the real thing, but is a fraction of the power potensial.

Thank You, that's what I was trying to say!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1