LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Plugin
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Plugin Author: GameRat PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 pm
    —
November 2020
LSA GJS version 9.4 (Game Ranger version)

note: Cathartes moved GJS to LSA June 6, 2013 ... which was version 6.0 beta. Thanks to him and everyone else who created the original GJS mod.
Version 6.0 notes are further down in this readme file.

Note: Battles, Operations, and Campaigns that are compatible with GJS 9.4 are named with "GJS" at the beginning of each title.
For example: GJS Breakout
Don't use any without the "GJS" prefix ... they are for the stock LSA game. Doing so will crash the game to the desktop.  

Gold, Juno, Sword 9.4 mod Install instructions:
Install LSA, update to the latest patch

1. Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem game
2. LSA patch version: v6.00.02

3. Install LATEST modswap, will not work with older one:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4182

4. Create a folder in "C:\Matrix Games" and name it "Plugins"
5. Then put the "LSA_GJS_v9.4_plugin.lsa" file in the "Plugins" folder
6. Double click on "CCModSwap.EXE"
7. Select "File", then click "Install"
8. Double click the ""LSA_GJS_v9.4_plugin” file
9. click "OK" to install

Note:Printable strategic map, Battle Group info, and German Battle Groups documents are located in folder:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\DATA\Help

New for version 9.4
Operation:
Improvements to the GJS Breakout operation

Big thanks to Steiner for comments about the GJS Breakout operation, which helped to improve it significantly.

GameRat

New for version 9.3
Vehicles:
Tiger II armor data redone.

Operation:
"GJS Breakout" is a new Operation.
It represents, in part, Operation Goodwood and Operation Atlantic.
The historical start date of these Operations was July 18, but due to a number of days limitation in LSA ... it begins June 25, in the game.  

Battle Groups:
There is now two KG Oppeln Battle Groups ... one for the Grand Campaign and another for the GJS Breakout Operation.
Historcally, Tiger I and Tiger II tanks of the 503rd Heavy Tank Battalion (s.Pz.Abt. 503) were attached to I./22/21 Panzer Division during the time of Goodwood.

Battles:
Also some new single Battles have been made.

GameRat
Note: view credits and notes of previous version below ...

New for version 9.2

Vehicles:
Complete rework of Armor data for: Panzer IV, Tiger I, Panther, Achilles, Wolverine,
Sherman variants, Firefly, Cromwell, Centaur IV.

All Half Tracks and light armored vehicles up-armored to minimum standard of survivability against
small arms fire and close infantry assaults.

Towed Anti Tank Guns are more difficult to knockout

Deleted smoke discharger for Tiger I and Panther

German 15cm Guns ... ammo increased to 15

Weapons:
Ranges and AP Penetration data checked against two different penetration tables, and looks very close ...
so will keep using GJS version 6.0 data

Deleted fire animation for Sniper rifles

Towed Anti Tanks Guns have increased chance to hit and destroy enemy on first shot

Soldiers:
Assault MG 34 and MG 42 ammo increased to 500

Force Pools:
Wolverine, Achilles, Towed 6 pdr, Towed 17 pdr ... deployed in BG's in amounts and combinations more similar to history

Allied tank reinforcement more standardized

101st Tiger Battalion reinforcement deleted

Some short barrel Panzer IV's exchanged for long barrel version

Campaign:
German Airstrikes deleted, and replaced with Mortar Support
Allied Artillery - slightly less

Static Battle Groups:
Increase of units for these Static BG locations: Port Bessin, Hamel Arromanches, Benouville, Bieville, Basly, Tailleville

Axsteams:
Increased crew size of many vehicles ... from 3 to 4
Renamed M10's to Wolverine and Achilles

Battles, Operations, Campaigns:
Renamed with GJS at beginning of title (in game) ... to make it easier to know which ones belong to GJS

Credits:
GameRat
Steiner - discussion, ideas, testing, feedback

And thanks to all admins and players of the group GJS 9.1 Grand Campaign played via Discord ...
very helpful feedback and ideas.

note: view other credits below for previous versions

coming soon for download

#2: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: GameRat PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:45 pm
    —
Thanks to Mooxe for hosting the file for download here at CCS

Download GJS 9.4
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4279

#3: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:58 pm
    —
Thank you GameRat!!!

#4: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: ajco1Location: U.S.A. PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:14 pm
    —
How do you get this  mod work on steam?
Thank you for your time.

#5: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: Berger PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:40 pm
    —
ajco1 wrote (View Post):
How do you get this  mod work on steam?

Close Combat LSA Gold Juno Sword - Steam manual install by nomada firefox
https://firefoxccmods.com/wp/download/close-combat-lsa-gold-juno-sword-steam-manual-install/

#6: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:51 pm
    —
I have a strange problem with the piat group. It seems that some soldiers shoot at the tanks with their rifles.  Laughing

#7: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: ajco1Location: U.S.A. PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 am
    —
Thanks i will give it a try.

#8: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: ajco1Location: U.S.A. PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:48 am
    —
I tried it , and could not get it to work , it kept saying can not find data file.
Thanks for your time

#9: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: nikits72Location: Athens/Greece PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:35 am
    —
Hi all,
i try to install the mod with modswap latest version but i get an error message by the installer that says:
Quote:
Error: This mod requires the correct version of Close Combat. You must install e.t.c. ...

I have LSA in another folder (D:\Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem) so i edited the CCModSwap.ini and substitude the path to LSA with my path.
I still get the same message.

What am i doing wrong? Any heads up?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards.

#10: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: FUPA PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:19 am
    —
Hello all. It's great to finally be able to post replies again on these forums (after I waded through what ended up being a pretty easy process - Thank Mooxe;-). I ghosted this for years actually, and am incredibly excited to hear about CC mod plans for 2021.
I am a Steam LSA user and I would love to play the newer version of GJS. Can anyone convert it to an .exe format please? It seems that this is the only way I can. If there is a turorial though that would show me how to do it myself, I'd be happy to save anyone the trouble
Please point the way.

Be well all

Andrew

#11: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: dan_the_general PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:23 am
    —
Hello Guys. I came back to CC probably after 4 years  Surprised
Installed LSA (GOG) and GJS Mod.
My question is - is it possible to resize the "interface" while playing batlle?

#12: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: Voltix PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:42 pm
    —
[quote="GameRat";p="91615"]November 2020
LSA GJS version 9.4 (Game Ranger version)

note: Cathartes moved GJS to LSA June 6, 2013 ... which was version 6.0 beta. Thanks to him and everyone else who created the original GJS mod.
Version 6.0 notes are further down in this readme file.

Note: Battles, Operations, and Campaigns that are compatible with GJS 9.4 are named with "GJS" at the beginning of each title.
For example: GJS Breakout
Don't use any without the "GJS" prefix ... they are for the stock LSA game. Doing so will crash the game to the desktop.  

Gold, Juno, Sword 9.4 mod Install instructions:
Install LSA, update to the latest patch

1. Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem game
2. LSA patch version: v6.00.02

3. Install LATEST modswap, will not work with older one:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4182

4. Create a folder in "C:\Matrix Games" and name it "Plugins"
5. Then put the "LSA_GJS_v9.4_plugin.lsa" file in the "Plugins" folder
6. Double click on "CCModSwap.EXE"
7. Select "File", then click "Install"
8. Double click the ""LSA_GJS_v9.4_plugin” file
9. click "OK" to install

Note:Printable strategic map, Battle Group info, and German Battle Groups documents are located in folder:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\DATA\Help

I am struggling to get this plugin to work.  I have downloaded mod swap and LSA option is grayed out and i am unable to see the .lsa plugin.  any ideas where i am going wrong?

Screenshot 2021-01-18 154130.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.76 KB
 Viewed:  8997 Time(s)

Screenshot 2021-01-18 154130.png

#13: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: FUPA PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:30 pm
    —
I'm having the exact same problem. It seems that Steam won't recognize (or something...) LSA. I feel like if I can get past this, I'll be good to go for this and other mods.

#14: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:29 pm
    —
1. Locate this file: CCModSwap.ini

2. Open it up in notepad.exe.

3. Find under [Installed Versions] 2=0

4. Change 2=0 to 2=1

5. Save and exit.

6. Load Modswap and attempt to install mod.

7. Reply to this thread please if this worked.

#15: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: FUPA PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:00 pm
    —
Awesome.
So glad for the suggestion. Will try it now.
Thanks

#16: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: FUPA PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:30 pm
    —
Unfortunately it didn't work. Oddly (although I saved it as 2=1 multiple times) everytime I went back to try again it said 2=0. Happy to try something else. It kept saying that it "required the correct version, and that I had to install it/check the path in the .inifile before using this mod.
I will say that I placed Modswap in the Steam directory in my LSA folder (because that's where my LSA is - rather than it's preferred Matrix default). Not sure if that's part of the problem or not.

#17: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:03 pm
    —
Check installed path and modify if required.

[General]
LastVersion=2

[InstalledVersions]
0=0
1=0
2=1
3=0
4=0
5=0
6=0
7=0
8=0
9=0

[InstalledLocations]
2=C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
3=C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III
4=C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
5=C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day
[InstalledToRegKey]
2=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Close Combat\2.00
3=SOFTWARE\CSO\Close Combat\3.50
4=SOFTWARE\Strategic Simulations Inc.\Close Combat\4.00
5=SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.00
6=

[EXEFileNames]
2=CCE.exe
3=CC3.exe
4=CCE.exe
5=CCE.exe
6=CCE.exe

#18: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: FUPA PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:45 am
    —
Okay, cool. Thanks for the fast response. I'll give it a shot.

#19: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: FUPA PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:02 am
    —
Just tried it. Same thing.

Here's the way i routed it...

[General]
LastVersion=4

[InstalledVersions]
0=0
1=0
2=1
3=0
4=0
5=0
6=0
7=0
8=0
9=0

[InstalledLocations]
2=C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
3=C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III
4=C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
5=C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day
[InstalledToRegKey]
2=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Close Combat\2.00
3=SOFTWARE\CSO\Close Combat\3.50
4=SOFTWARE\Strategic Simulations Inc.\Close Combat\4.00
5=SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.00
6=

[EXEFileNames]
2=CCE.exe
3=CC3.exe
4=CCE.exe
5=CCE.exe
6=CCE.exe

#20: Re: LSA Gold Juno Sword 9.4 Author: nikits72Location: Athens/Greece PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:54 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
1. Locate this file: CCModSwap.ini
7. Reply to this thread please if this worked.

Thanx mooxe,
It worked for me...

Unpleasant we have to take another path to install/uninstall mods depending which CC we use and where it was bought from.

Is there a page in the forum (e.g. help) gathering the descriptions for the various ways? (I was not able to locate one).

Regards.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2