Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:56 pm
    —
The Winter War began on Nov. 30/1939 between the Soviet Union and Finland and ended Mar. 13/1940.

More information on this war can be found on;

Dedicated site = http://www.winterwar.com/
Wikipedia = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total

FinlandSovietUnionMap.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.89 KB
 Viewed:  10138 Time(s)

FinlandSovietUnionMap.jpg

#2: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Available Shortly Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:57 pm
    —
A CC mod Winter War was created for CC5 which concentrated on the Southern front, NW of Leningrad, where the heaviest troop concentrations were.

This mod is still available on the Close Combat Series website; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/index.php in the Downloads / Close Combat 5 Mods.

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

CC Winter War Strat Small.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.76 KB
 Viewed:  10135 Time(s)

CC Winter War Strat Small.jpg

#3: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Available Shortly Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:30 pm
    —
BACKGROUND:

The original Winter War mod was made for CC4 by Luer and moloch in 2001.
Then the mod was converted and substantially updated for CC5 by Kartboy6, PzEddiea and the rest of the mod team. Their final version was v1.3 released in 2004.

Since I have always liked the mod I have converted/moved to TLD

CHANGES IN V2.0 for TLD Nov. 30/2020:
1) Ported mod data/graphics from CC5 to TLD adding the following TLD features;
- added historical weather
       - added night battles based on how cold/warm the weather was. They mainly occur early and late in the GC.
- adjusted air, artillery and mortar support based on level (Recruit = most, Elite = least )
- enabled BG retreat feature
       - enabled surprise so the Axis/Finish player can not move the 1st turn
       - fixed ammo count (AlsTeams, AxsTeams & Soldiers)
       - fixed best kill and best mount (Vehicles)
       - fixed single battle start random crash, it was due to random wreck selection and not every vehicle had wrecks (Vehicles)
       - fixed map coding as building walls were not solid *** still a few maps to go but wanted it released today ***
       - Recreated Battles/Operations/Campaigns in TLD editor
2) Changed Finish Artillery/Naval support from 0 quantity and made it available for select maps due to Finish coastal batteries
3) Changed Russian Artillery/Naval support to be available on all maps
4) Changed soldier graphic file to get smaller soldiers (closer to the map and vehicle scale)
5) Changed (US) circled star to only a star for Russian BG info icon
6) Change Naval Support icon to Artillery
7) Created a Winter War icon file
8) Changed Heavy Snow so it can be crushed to Light Snow
9) Recreated all the map OVM and MMM (zoomed out) files with trees

DOWNLOAD:

TLD Winter War Direct Download Link: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4287

A BIG THANK YOU to Mooxe for the download sections and forums of CCS!

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

WinterWarGCStart.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  193.43 KB
 Viewed:  10123 Time(s)

WinterWarGCStart.jpg

#4: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:58 am
    —
"Winter war" is surely a "must-have" mod. I especially like the fact, Fins have limited ammo and you have to make sure that every bullet must find its target as you get closer to the end of the game:)

#5: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:03 am
    —
Agreed. I was shocked the first time I had a Finish squad with no weapons and had to run them to spot where there were dead troops so they could pick up weapons....

#6: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: Amgot PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:45 pm
    —
Congrats on the release Tejszd, I'll finally get a chance to play this mod!

#7: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: Astalon PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:11 am
    —
This is brilliant news Tejszd  - thanks for all of your hard work!

#8: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:56 pm
    —
I say a big thank you Tejszd.

#9: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:48 am
    —
Tejszd., as the "Fabulous Fighting Finns," I keep being allotted artillery, but I can't get it to attach to my units so as to be able to make use of it. Sure could use it on those Russian tanks.

#10: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:06 pm
    —
Thanks Tejszd,

Loved playing it on CC5 ages ago.
will love playing it on war/tld.

#11: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: salhexe PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:06 pm
    —
Have to install the latest patch  5.50.32?

#12: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:59 pm
    —
Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
Tejszd., as the "Fabulous Fighting Finns," I keep being allotted artillery, but I can't get it to attach to my units so as to be able to make use of it. Sure could use it on those Russian tanks.

The Finish army had little artillery support of its own (either due limited ammo and or guns) and relied a lot on guns emplacements along the shoreline so I limited the number of maps that can have artillery support to those close to them. I'll double check the gun range compared to the strat map as maybe I should have done more than just a couple maps radius from them.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coastal_artillery_Winter_War_map.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.07 KB
 Viewed:  9779 Time(s)

#13: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:01 pm
    —
salhexe wrote (View Post):
Have to install the latest patch  5.50.32?

No, I don't think I used anything that requires but I do recommend to get the UI scaling options. Just make sure you copy the CC5 sub-directory as they did not include it in the new full installation (probably due to their deal to let GOG sell CC5).

#14: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:40 pm
    —
Quote:

The map have some errors. There was at least one more coastal batteries - Tiurinsaari fort, which complemented Bjorke/Saarenpaa, Jariseva battery has only one 120mm cannon installed at time of war. BTW, there is great map of Finland gulf fortifications with photos - http://www.nortfort.ru/index_e.html

#15: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:06 pm
    —
Thanks for the information and link to the site!

#16: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Available Shortly Author: spearoligist PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:48 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
A CC mod Winter War was created for CC5 which concentrated on the Southern front, NW of Leningrad, where the heaviest troop concentrations were.

This mod is still available on the Close Combat Series website; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/index.php in the Downloads / Close Combat 5 Mods.

Hi Tejszd,

Thanks for making a great mod,  
Can you post a large format Strat map please?

#17: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:50 pm
    —
Here is the strat map with the individual maps in place that someone created for the mod when it was released for CC5....

CC Winter War Strat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  333.5 KB
 Viewed:  8915 Time(s)

CC Winter War Strat.jpg

#18: Re: Winter War v2.0 For TLD - Released! Author: spearoligist PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:21 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Here is the strat map with the individual maps in place that someone created for the mod when it was released for CC5....

Thanks for the large map Tejszd,     much appreciated.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1