Finished projects 2020
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#21: Re: Finished projects 2020 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:49 am
    —
Amgot wrote (View Post):
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
For 2020 I did the following;
- converted CC5 Winter War to TLD
- updated TLD Bloody Omaha
- updated TLD Meuse twice

For 2021 here is what I plan to do;
- update TLD Meuse
- convert TLD Meuse to LSA by May 10
- convert CC5 ? to TLD ?. Might go straight to LSA.

Hey Tejszd, how are your projects going?

Tomorrow is May 10  Very Happy

Hi Amgot,

Thanks for your interest....

i’m behind where I had hoped/planned to be by May 10. I’ll post an update in the Meuse forum area....

#22: Re: Finished projects 2020 Author: FreeKing PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:42 pm
    —
I completed the first iteration of the Revival Mod for Panthers in the Fog, and started work on the releases for the rest of the series.

This year's projects are going to build on one another:

-Re-do the weapon penetration, range and accuracy bands for all weapons.
-Re-do the vehicle armor values, which were done without the calc sheets provided with The Longest Day workbook, meaning the armor values aren't geared toward the Close Combat engine. I'm going to double-check against the historical data and use the calc sheet to get armor values designed to work with the way the Close Combat engine is designed.
-Modify the terrain elements data to match the Close Combat 2 terrain data.

The above points will be changed as an standalone replacement/update to the Panthers in the Fog Revival mod first, to bring it up to the latest and greatest modded data before moving on to the rest of the series. The new release for that will basically be from scratch, because I didn't keep track of what was changed and what wasn't in the data files.

After that, it's the Revival mods for the rest of the series, with this general list of features for each release in the series.

-Terrain elements changed to match Close Combat 2's terrain elements data.
-Realistic and historically weapon ranges and armor penetration for anti-tank weapons and tank guns.
-Realistic and historically accurate vehicle speeds and acceleration.
-Realistic and historically accurate blast radius for every explosive weapon and device.
-Maps cut down, where applicable, to match the max number of deployment zones that was designed for Close Combat 2 (19x19 deployment zones)
-Victory locations adjusted for every map for better AI unit placement, and to focus the combat on the focal points of the map.
-Atmospheric sound modding that includes ricochets, and more, which I've seen in other sound mods and experienced in Gateway to Caen.

The mods will be released in phases, and released separately and time goes on:
-Data mods, containing all changes except for the small maps, victory location adjustments and sounds.
-Small maps and victory location adjustments.
-Atmospheric sound mods.

That will complete the mods I have any desire to do to the Close Combat series, unless I decide to make sub-mods for popular mods in the same style as the Revival Mod. In my mind, the re-releases will have been revitalized and made as fun and playable as possible, especially for single player.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2