Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
LSA GJS 9.4 ATG's feedback
I like 9.4 ATG's ... no change required
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
9.4 ATG's are too tough to knock out ... make changes, so they are easier to knock out
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

#1: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: GameRat PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 pm
    —
By request from players ... Anti Tank Guns (ATG's) now have more armor protection in GJS version 9.4

In GJS version 9.1, ATG's could be knocked by enemy infantry fire quite easily. But in version 9.4, infantry rarely can knock them out ... unless they're assaulted from close range using grenades, etc.
It's also more difficult to destroy ATG's with Armored vehicles with main guns.

I'll attach a poll to this thread to get feedback from you about what you think.

Keep in mind that most Battle Groups only have five slots to get Tanks, ATG's, and other vehicle types ... so if ATG's aren't very effective, they may not be selected over Tanks.

And, although ATG's may seem difficult to knock out in version 9.4 ... this may balance out the way ATG's score hits and survive enemy fire compared to real life combat.

I'm open to changing ATG's to have armor protection reduced to somewhere in between 9.1 and 9.4 ... if that's what players want.

Also, it's helpful to play multiple games under various conditions in order to get a good feel for where ATG's are at now.

Thanks
GameRat

#2: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:24 pm
    —
hmmmm.....im going to play more before i vote...A/T guns were just " not very good " in 9.1 as far as survivability and being spotted, so.....

#3: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 pm
    —
Have not played since team GC.... but, every mod is different. Once I realize the unit strengths in any mod, tactics are adopted to try and deal with those strengths. So I'd lean towards keep it as is.

#4: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:19 pm
    —
Haven't tested the new version yet. I think you also increased the accuracy of ATGs in the newer versions though, right? In that case, combined with that, ATGs could maybe be a bit too powerful. But can't tell without testing.

I find it a welcome change for them to be tougher against small arms fire. But I think snipers should nevertheless be able to take out crew from reasonable distances (<200m).

#5: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: GameRat PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:04 pm
    —
After a few more H2H battles, where ATG's have been used ... it seems ATG's in 9.4 are ok.

They are not indestructible, but do take a few more rounds from a tank/s to destroy (but not always).

Had a MG42 shooting at a 6pdr ATG about 300-400 yards for about 5 mins, and didn't knock it out. Probably suppressed it though, which would diminish its accuracy and rate of fire.

Good point Mooxe, that as a player ... you adapt to a game. I just didn't want ATG's to be unrealistically indestructible, but also not too easily knocked out, as in previous versions.

And yes Crackwise, ATG's accuracy was increased a bit ... and I do like the effect of this.
Also, haven't tested against snipers, but assume they will not be effective against ATG's frontal armor shield.

#6: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: backblast PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 am
    —
As i have played the new 9.4 more that most now, AT guns did take a little getting use to but i do love it.
(tigercub)

#7: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:06 am
    —
Im still reserving judgment.....the more i use them the more im kinda liking them....they can be taken out by a single shot by a tank...ive seen that a couple of times now but usually there tougher than that. not sure yet tho.....

#8: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 pm
    —
In general, an ATG is useful to take out one tank in a single battle. After taking out one tank they will be avoided, support dropped on, or attacked by small arms. If one tank per fight metric is sustained, ATGs are fine.

#9: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Author: GameRat PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:47 pm
    —
In one of our H2H battles, a FlaK 8.8 cm ATG (on Ambush) knocked out an Achilles first shot at about 600 m ... and the ATG wasn't spotted by the Allied player. It wasn't at the very beginning of the battle, and the Achilles moved into Line of Sight of the                 FlaK 88

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1