CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: Sbufkle PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:06 pm
    —
I used to dabble in CC back in the day. It it possible to play original CC2, CC3 C CC4 with the mods ect on Windows 10?

#2: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:35 pm
    —
I can personally confirm that I have run CC4 on Windows 10. You will need to mess with the compatibility settings.

1) Right click the desktop icon and navigate to compatibility settings.
2) Select Windows95 compatibility and work your way up from there. Its possible some will work, some will not. Its all voodoo at this stage in time with original CCs.

Never hurts to run with admin privs as well.

CC3 I have found always crashes on exit no matter what you do.

#3: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:15 pm
    —
I run CC3, CC4 and CC5 with a virtual disc on W10 with no compability settings. Only issue is alt-tab out of the game doesnt work - causes psycedelic colours when going back to the game.
Have run CC2 as well in the past but I think I messed up my install so it doesnt run at the moment.

#4: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: Jatke PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:22 pm
    —
Run WinXP in VirtualBox.

Vaguely recall a prolific map man known as Buffy who had a screen name much like Sbufkle. But he was taller and better looking than you.

#5: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:51 pm
    —
Got CC2 to run again as well, just had to change the installed from the entry in the registry to match the virtual cd rom drive letter. - No compability settings.

#6: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: Jatke PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:01 pm
    —
Just ran the GOG version of CC3 on a Win10 box. Other than the mouse skating on slow, the game worked. Unknown if the original Atomic/MS disk will work. Lost mine a decade ago. Also unknown if Matrix/GOG diddled with the .exe etc on the version available now to get it to run on Win10. If so, CC2, 3, 4 & 5 are only $6 each on GOG. Small price to pay to get your CC jones on.

#7: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:04 pm
    —
I was able to run CC2, but my system was upgraded from win8 to win10.

#8: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18 am
    —
You get them running Sbufkle?

#9: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: Sbufkle PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:55 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

Just revisited this thread so will see what I can get.. Im not good with registry stuff ect..

#10: Re: CC2 and CC3 On Windows 10? Author: sample PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:35 pm
    —
Sbufkle wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

Just revisited this thread so will see what I can get.. Im not good with registry stuff ect..

GOG CC2 and CC3 version worked without problems on my Win 10 laptop, however i played only battles not operations or campaign; usually, on GOG.com the games are priced at ~ 5 euro, but i've seen some promotions and the price was reduced to ~ 2.5 euro

regards,

\m/

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1