CREATE CAMPAIGN MORE THAN 4 DAYS
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: CREATE CAMPAIGN MORE THAN 4 DAYS Author: alpesat PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:51 pm
    —
Hi, I'm playing CC5 by stream.
At the time of creating the campaign it does not leave me more than 4 days.
A steam colleague told me that modifying the Campaign.txt and fpool.txt files can be achieved.

The first part (Campaign.txt) I have succeeded but the fpool.txt does not work for me, it seems to me this screen I have tried to modify but I can not do it, any idea or experience.

Thanks

#2: Re: CREATE CAMPAIGN MORE THAN 4 DAYS Author: Jatke PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:56 pm
    —
First, check that you have the correct forcepool count in the upper left spreadsheet cell (A1). This number should be one greater than the index number for your last forcepool because all CC index counts start at 0, not 1.

If that isnt the problem, zip your Campaign.txt and fpools.txt files and attach that .zip to a post in this thread. Use the "Post Reply" button. Quick Reply doesnt permit attachments.

#3: Re: CREATE CAMPAIGN MORE THAN 4 DAYS Author: alpesat PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:42 am
    —
Thanks I modified the first BG but the error is still the same attached to the files I modified.

I am very grateful

Docs cc5.rar
 Description:
Campaing
fpool

Download
 Filename:  Docs cc5.rar
 Filesize:  9.85 KB
 Downloaded:  206 Time(s)

#4: Re: CREATE CAMPAIGN MORE THAN 4 DAYS Author: Jatke PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:35 am
    —
I see three problems -

You repeat the day count in column B starting on row 24. It should be:

The second problem is that there are 25 days (x 5 difficulty levels) of forcepools for 501 / 101st Airborne but only 4 days (x 5 diff) of forcepools for all the other battle groups. If your campaign is to be 25 days then all BGs need 25 days (x 5 difficulty levels) of forcepools.

See the Meuse mod for TLD for an example of the fpools.txt file in a 25 day campaign.

The third problem is that rows 42, 82, 122, 127 are incomplete. There are 25 unit 'slots' in each forcepool row. Unused slots should get -1, 0 in their two spreadsheet cells.

#5: Re: CREATE CAMPAIGN MORE THAN 4 DAYS Author: alpesat PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:07 am
    —
Thanks a lot !!!!!!!

I made it !!!!

It is a game that I could not use for years, the explanation was incredible, now to stay awake for a few weeks

#6: Re: CREATE CAMPAIGN MORE THAN 4 DAYS Author: Jatke PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:42 am
    —
If you dont already have it, the workbooks for all the re-releases are invaluable for editing. They define every different column in the various Data/Base files. These are found in the Downloads>Tools section for each version.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1