Plugin Modernization Project
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#41: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:28 pm
    —
Nine left to go.

I hope to add a demo video to each. Nothing fancy just a 15min recorded game vs the AI. This would be added to the download section and YouTube. YouTube would also show links to download.

#42: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:45 pm
    —
Star Wars completed. Install/Uninstal cleaned up and standardized. Maps/data all inclusive. Install guide created.

#43: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:23 pm
    —
looks like im going to have to dl all the exe versions of plugins now.. CC is the only series i like like to have all games in the series ( I Do.. all 18.. yep, there 18 in the series) and I try to have all maps/mods.. i havent updated my collection with new mods or install methods, in a few years..  bout time i guess

FUN FACT :. CC editing and plugin writing motivated me enough to enroll in college and earn a degree in programming in 2006.. fate had other plans for me unfortunately BESIDES.. the whole elitist attitude from some in the field greatly annoyed me so i left the field in 2007.. last program i wrote was for what i thought was a job in 2009.. GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! recruiter for a highly prestigious and expensive school for C# tried to snag me..  they misrepresented themselves to me and even if i was interested.. they can burn now. i was really upset because i was hungry and no money..  had no time for bs.. passed the little coding test they had. it was simplistically difficult and took much thought but as always, i almost always find a solution .. somewhat gifted code slinger.. i hate the term code monkey so i made my own to fit me

#44: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:30 pm
    —
I hope to get thru each version in order to have a large collection of seamlessly simple mod installation procedures. After combing through CC5, there were a handful of mods that a regular user would have never figured out how to install, even with the plugin scripts included. Once thats done, I may ask Matrix/Slitherine/GOG if they want to hold the mods on an FTP server to act as a backup or alternate repository for them. Right now, if CCS crashes, its all gone.

CCS started on this specific server 7 years ago. The server was used and in operation for years prior. The hard drive has gone well beyond its shelf life.

Overall, I am just trying to future proof the site.

#45: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:45 pm
    —
Stalingrad Der Kessel completed.

Plugin now all inclusive.
Installation guide updated.
KG Muller fixed.
All other accented letters for SDK removed.
Installer source files uploaded.

#46: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: dj PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:36 am
    —
Matrix / Slitherine should just go ahead and hire you Mooxe.  Ian are you there?

#47: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: paulc87 PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:50 am
    —
you broke Bloody Omaha. It doesn't come with maps which are required

#48: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: AngloSniperLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:50 am
    —
any chance this will be applied to el alamein and would it make it playable again?

#49: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:37 pm
    —
Anglosniper, what error are you receiving?

Paul, which map gave you an error?

#50: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: dj PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:19 pm
    —
Do the new modernized plug-in files supercede old original files in the regular download sections?  Could not find separate section for these in download options.  Thanks for all the work updating.

Bloody First has direct download button for Nomada's mod now.  Just one mod available so far, but good start to simplify mod installs for that game too.

#51: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:34 pm
    —
These auto-installers only place the plugin in the C:\Config Manager\plugins folder.

They are to be used in conjunction with the modernized 5.01a patch here. This modernized patch installs Config Manager to C:\Config Manager and places a shortcut on the desktop.

I understand the instructions aren't that clear... but it is simplified at the very least.

#52: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: AngloSniperLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:30 pm
    —
[quote="mooxe";p="92957"]Anglosniper, what error are you receiving?

Hi Mooxe

to be honest I cant exactly remember the issue as it was a year ago but its currently unpayable. One of the issues though is that your cant place sprites in any kind of cover. It was unplayable so had to give up on it.

Thanks

#53: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: paulc87 PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:21 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Anglosniper, what error are you receiving?

Paul, which map gave you an error?

*.btd

#54: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: Hesus PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:41 pm
    —
Great work, this simplified the installation proses a lot.

Error on GJS mod:

Missing Hill112S.btd

Or at least for me. Maybe corrupt download?

#55: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:35 pm
    —
Hesus wrote (View Post):
Great work, this simplified the installation proses a lot.

Error on GJS mod:

Missing Hill112S.btd

Or at least for me. Maybe corrupt download?

Could be either. Did you get this installing the mod or trying to view or play the map?

#56: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: Mg421942 PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:39 pm
    —
Thanks Mooxe  for updating these mods!  Sent in a long overdue donation.  Did you ever try updating CCV Stalingrad Operation Circle? I tried  to install it today and with SOC 1.2, I get the Mueller error message when installing it with the CC5 Config. Manager.  I was able to run several other CC5 Mods just fine.  Did you have issues with it. Is it planned?

Thanks again.

#57: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: jimarsul PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:13 am
    —
Where do these plugins reside at this time.  restarting this old favorite and tried to install the 1946 plugin from this site to the GOG version of the game and got the Muller issue and going downhill from there. Help - Thanks Team.

#58: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:51 pm
    —
These mods have not been updated. There will likely be errors with all of them.

cc5modsnotupdated.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.05 KB
 Viewed:  1808 Time(s)

cc5modsnotupdated.png

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3