Normandy tank battles GJS 9.5 - Operation Goodwood
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Normandy tank battles GJS 9.5 - Operation Goodwood Author: GameRat PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm
    —
I've been interested in the history of Operation Goodwood for some time, and therefore included this Operation in the latest version of Gold Juno Sword (GJS) 9.5

Since GJS 9.5 portrays a broader scale of the Normandy campaign, there is a limited amount of maps and units involved for Operation Goodwood ... but surprisingly there seems to be enough representation to simulate some aspects of the combat and strategy.

To play this Operation ... go the the "Operations" tab "in game", and select:
"GJS Breakout - Goodwood and Atlantic July 18"

Linked below is a historical, four part, documentary ... which includes interviews of Allied and German field commanders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBoD6fyx64

Steiner and I played through the Operation. It took 39 battles to complete ... results are posted in the attached image.

GameRat

Last edited by GameRat on Sat May 22, 2021 10:12 pm; edited 4 times in total

Breakout Final Results.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  494.52 KB
 Viewed:  2309 Time(s)

Breakout Final Results.png

#2: Re: Normandy tank battles GJS 9.4 - Operation Goodwood Author: GameRat PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:54 pm
    —
If you have a chance to play this, please post your H2H results here ... I'm interested to know if the Allies can achieve a Minor Victory.

Thanks
GameRat

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1