modding CCMAT
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Marines, RAF Regt & Anti Terrorism

#1: modding CCMAT Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:27 pm
    —
Moding this version of the game for my own personal enjoyment

run into a few snaggs.. i have deduced what many of the new columns mean but im stumped on just 3 columns.. any ideas

green= 100% confidence in am right. These have been tested and or verified so i know they are correct with absolute certainty

yellow.. no idea and not enough info to draw a conclusion

With all the features and a bit of work and imagination.. i can make a very tense zombie game..  triggers will make things very interesting.. i have an ideam and ohh , its a very good idea and is actually original in the realms of CC

there is a few trade offs using this version but the extra features make up for those short comings

probably people know less about this version than me i bet but i thought id ask if anyone has any ideas

i dont frequent this forum much but long term cc player and have a good amount of experience data editing

unknown fields.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.63 KB
 Viewed:  16589 Time(s)

unknown fields.jpg

soldiers.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.38 KB
 Viewed:  16589 Time(s)

soldiers.jpg

#2: Re: modding CCMAT Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:01 pm
    —
hmm.. as much brain power that is on this forum i thought id have atleast an educated guess by now.. i did quite a bit already but im stumped with these last 3 collumns

#3: Re: modding CCMAT Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:03 pm
    —
1 sec..  just thought of something..  i can test the IED stuff now..  adjust a value and see if any of the defaults change in game.. like i did the armor.. reason i know its 100% correct..  logical thought and trial and error

#4: Re: modding CCMAT Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:05 pm
    —
KG_Brandenburg wrote (View Post):
hmm.. as much brain power that is on this forum i thought id have atleast an educated guess by now.. i did quite a bit already but im stumped with these last 3 collumns

Sorry, have never modded this version before and I do not even own it.

#5: Re: modding CCMAT Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:09 pm
    —
i think i figured out collumn C on the IED file..  its LOCATION..  1 is body, 4 is leg,0=head, and 2 =arm.. just like collumn D on the body armor file..  a claymore would target the legs and groin and 4 has been determined to mean legs already..  an ied would effect the body and thats already determined to be 1.. if i enter 5 and crashes, im probably correct

edit> didnt crash but i might have use it in game or it might not even have any data validation .. some of this stuff was hog pogged together.. could of been better if they would of added some features.. so the gui isnt so clunky with these new features

still im 99% correct though?

bahh.. not right,.. its 3 not 4.. damn meds are clouding my brain

all i can figure out is value 3 is smoke spotter..  the mines refuse to work with other values besides the default 1 and 4 and the 3 i just mentioned

#6: Re: modding CCMAT Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:26 am
    —
ohh  COME ON NOW......................

What..? all of ya talk about modding and editing.. guess its easier when it requires ZERO thought and all the columns are predetermined..  what im doing is much like the early days of CC editing when it was alot of educated guess work

thought id ask around though.. i see i wasted my time doing so. perhaps someone might chime in. hell, i at least expected an educated guess .. i also realize alot dont have this version..why use it for a mod no one has the game too..  ONLY CC that will work with this idea and have the best results

been real sick but slowly getting better.. i think.. dunno yet but im not good at all..  in any case,.. i plan to finish one project before the last nail is driven in my coffin.

#7: Re: modding CCMAT Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:47 pm
    —
ohh  COME ON NOW......................

What..? all of ya talk about modding and editing.. guess its easier when it requires ZERO thought and all the columns are predetermined..  what im doing is much like the early days of CC editing when it was alot of educated guess work

thought id ask around though.. i see i wasted my time doing so. perhaps someone might chime in. hell, i at least expected an educated guess .. i also realize alot dont have this version..why use it for a mod no one has the game too..  ONLY CC that will work with this idea and have the best results

been real sick but slowly getting better.. i think.. dunno yet but im not good at all..  in any case,.. i plan to finish one project before the last nail is driven in my coffin.

CCMAT has never been very popular I believe and not owning a copy myself I have never looked into modding this game myself.

It's okay to point out your modding pioneering achievements although the potential may not be fully appreciated by everyone else. The golden rule is to mod for yourself so as to not be disappointed by the lack of recognition from community members.

#8: Re: modding CCMAT Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:35 am
    —
Pete wrote (View Post):

Sorry, have never modded this version before and I do not even own it.

CC is CC dude, regardless of version with one exception.. CCMAT just has several features and a few extra files for those features that others do not..  i didnt ask for answers per se.. just a suggestion or two..

#9: Re: modding CCMAT Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 am
    —
last column on the body armor file.for my project this is a very important file as long as things work properly. no idea on the others yet but this file was the most important

2021-05-13_105847.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.37 KB
 Viewed:  16199 Time(s)

2021-05-13_105847.jpg

#10: Re: modding CCMAT Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:17 pm
    —
last column on the body armor file.for my project this is a very important file as long as things work properly. no idea on the others yet but this file was the most important

I am glad someone makes an effort to mod it. CCMAT is IMO best suited for Cold War Era scenarios or french resistance or other in WWII. The distinctive features it brings are you get the civilian factor and you get other features for modifying soldier equipment and add barriers or configure check points and of course in game reinforcement.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Marines, RAF Regt & Anti Terrorism

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1