Windows emulators for MAC
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Windows emulators for MAC Author: Cannoneer PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:24 pm
    —
Sorry but it has been a long while since I last logged in.  Many years ago I had a MAC that I partitioned so that I could run Windows XP and play the games.  However I have recently purchased a new MAC and wondered whether I could just use a Windows emulator instead of partitioning the new internal hard drive and purchasing an outdated version of Windows XP/2000/Vista?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cannoneer

#2: Re: Windows emulators for MAC Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:40 pm
    —
Yes not that much has changed.  Just use the "Bootcamp" feature to install Windows which partitions the Hard Drive.  Then you have to change start-up disk in control panel to switch to Windows.  Works fine on newer releases of Close Combat like Bloody First ran fine no issues.

#3: Re: Windows emulators for MAC Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:06 pm
    —
If you purchased newest Mac based on Apple M-series CPUs, you cannot just install x86 versions of Windows directly. Virtualization software like Parallels Desktop is also not ready for x86 Windows right now - it supports only ARM versions of Windows. The only way currently for M1 Macs to run Windows apps is a commercial Wine-like software CodeWeavers CrossOver. It support games, but CCs are not listed for now as tested.

Microsoft plan to include x86 emulator to ARM-version of Windows 11, but this likely happens closely to the new year.

#4: Re: Windows emulators for MAC Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:52 pm
    —
I forgot that newer model Macs require SSD hard drives to be compatible with Bootcamp.  Standard hard drives have issues running Bootcamp and may require the virtualization software.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1