CC3 Soldier and SoldierB
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: CC3 Soldier and SoldierB Author: camablake PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:57 pm
    —
Afternoon, everyone. Nice to meet all of you. My first post is just a simple question.

I'm looking to begin creating mods for CC3 and COI, and have spent the past few days getting acquainted with the tools and documentation available to do this
I was looking through CC3's Soldier and SoldierB sprite files after extracting them via CC2Spriter, and unless I wasn't paying enough attention it appears that by default both sides use the same sprite files, just recolored via the settings within CC3's exe. Is this correct? Am I close? Completely wrong? Perhaps I just wasn't looking hard enough?

Once again, nice to meet all of you!

EDIT: On a related note, where can I find the tools needed to modify the soldier's uniforms color values in CC3? I didn't see it in the toolbox, but I maybe just missed it.

#2: Re: CC3 Soldier and SoldierB Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:50 am
    —
Hi and welcome to the forums camablake,

You are right about the soldier sprites - they are used for both sides.
For editing the soldier uniform colours of CC3 you would use CplFilth's Soldier colour editor.

To move those edits over to a COI .exe a bit of simple hex editing of the .exe is needed to move the values over from the CC3.exe

#3: Re: CC3 Soldier and SoldierB Author: camablake PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:20 pm
    —
Okay, good to know. Now I just have to find the Soldier Color Editor. I didn't see it in the Toolbox area of the downloads page, and I tried getting on an archived version of CplFilths page, but that didn't work out either.

#4: Re: CC3 Soldier and SoldierB Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:28 pm
    —
Soldier color editor

#5: Re: CC3 Soldier and SoldierB Author: camablake PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:31 pm
    —
Many thanks, Manoi! Cheers!

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1