Activating IPX in Close Combat III for Windows 10.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Activating IPX in Close Combat III for Windows 10. Author: Peter386 PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:36 pm
    —
Process - Steps:
1 - Download IPX Wrapper.
http://www.solemnwarning.net/ipxwrapper/

2 - Unzip the files to a folder.

3 - Copy the 4 DDL files from the IPX Wrapper folder to the Close Combat III folder (adjust to wherever Close Combat III files are installed to - below is default for my Desktop Close Combat III Install)
G:\Close Combat III

4 - Go back to IPX Wrapper extracted zip folder

5 - Run ipxconfig.exe program

6 - Select the Ethernet device your going to use. (Probably the same device your using for internet).

7 - Check box at the bottom for "Automatically create Windows Firewall exceptions

8 - Click "Apply" button

9 - Click "OK" button to close the program

10 - Go back to IPX Wrapper extracted zip folder

11 - Double-Click the appropriate reg file that applies to your OS
"Directplay-win32.reg" for 32-bit Windows
"Directplay-win64.reg" for 64-bit Windows (I run Win 10 x64 so this is what I used)

12. Click through the prompts to allow the Registry file to add the contents to your system.

13. Be sure Close Combat III is in Compatibility mode for Windows XP Service pack 2 or 3. Along with Admin Privileges activated.

At this point you should be able to start the game and find a new entry for IPX in Close Combat III Multiplayer. You Should be able to create a Multiplayer game under IPX. Should you do the exact same process on another PC that is on your home Local Area Network (LAN), your 2nd PC should see the host game on Close combat III IPX Multiplayer. Granted you followed the instructions properly and have the 2nd PC already showing on your win 10 network with file sharing enabled.

-Peter386

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1