Drugs and War
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Drugs and War Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:14 am
    —
An article on the use of amphetamines in the 2nd World War and beyond...

To anyone that has dabbled in their youth ( i am one) a little

I can see where they would be useful in such situations.....

It is understandably still continuing today...

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2016/11/25/a-brief-history-of-war-and-drugs-from-vikings-to-nazis

#2: Re: Drugs and War Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:40 pm
    —
First part of article is of a usual taste. We today (and for, like, 40 years before, after much of WWII-vets already passed out) just can`t take into mind, what situations was that times, how 'normal' people actually acts then and the true scope of leaders moving figures over world checkerboard there. All of it is not fit to our generally peaceful and prosperous lives, so we cant`t understand many things, like how poor austrian painter, wheelchaired person, lieutenant of British army and not finished his education priest came to power and take their warthrones in 1941, command a million nations to fight which humanity never saw before, and, i'm still try to wish, will never seen once again. So we tend to search for simplifications and contractions, which in simple words will solve the complex puzzles of history. Narcotics and alcohol are common traces of attempts of simplifications - 'they just was constantly high, by all the nations'. Well, don`t be surprised when our current history soon will be described with same simplifications, like 'Trump win because of marihuana legalize' or 'Putin`s political longevity was possible because of cheap vodka in Russia'.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1