GOG version asking for CD ROM after 5.01a patch
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: GOG version asking for CD ROM after 5.01a patch Author: Dr_BloodDuck PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:37 pm
    —
Hello everyone I just bought CC5 from GOG again after years away and wanted to play GJS like the old days. Base game works fine even sound!

When trying to update it to 501a it says there is no CD (odd) and when i installed GJS to see if i can just play it i get a error message about steaming.

Any ideas?

#2: Re: GOG version asking for CD ROM after 5.01a patch Author: sid PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:47 am
    —
You need to get a copy of the disc image for this to work, lucky I have this game in the original box, still works, I did some checking I found a copy on 4shared (Just need the R00-RAR only).

https : // www. 4shared.com/dir/cNPWMj7y/                  <= remove the added spaces
(I'm using this since I don't have a disc cloning software like aclohol120, and I don't want my usbDVD connect to my PC all the time)

Unpack with 7zip and mount image (closcombat.img) using virtual clonedrive (free program)

Remember you don't need to install from this image only mount it using virtual clonedrive while running the game...

I did get GLS to run, You might have to mess around with manually unpacking maps like Hill112 etc (google your friend)

For streaming error: Disable the videos under general tab, close combat options

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1