Does this work at reasonable resolutions?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Does this work at reasonable resolutions? Author: Hostilian PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:21 pm
    —
Hi

Wondering if its worth persevering with this game. I can only get it to run properly at 800x600.
Anything higher and the soldier display icons and team information pop-ups just don't display. They display off-screen and just dont show up. Confirmed pressing F8 and they're enabled.

Any simple fixes for this? I guess it should work inside a VM, but how about in Windows 10?

#2: Re: Does this work at reasonable resolutions? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:38 pm
    —
Right click the cc5.exe and set compatibility settings to Windows 95, set the file to run with admin abilities as well.

Cycle through the different compatibility settings until you see the resolution you want in game.

I run CC5 at 1440x900.

#3: Re: Does this work at reasonable resolutions? Author: Hostilian PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:54 pm
    —
Had tried all that, with no success.
I've given up and got the GOG version - which works great at higher resolutions. It was something like £2.50.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1