I want to try one new Close Combat
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

#1: I want to try one new Close Combat Author: Troll69Location: Barcelona, Spain PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:47 am
    —
Hello.
I´ve been playing CC for years, I played Them when They released in CD version, many years ago, and I purchased the new Cross of Iron like 10 years ago from Slitherine Games. One day I stopped playing this CC series, and now I want to be updated with the new games, there are many new ones! So my question is if there is a good one to try, they are a bit expensive for me, like 40 euros, so it´s an important prize and I want to try a good CC one. Any suggestions? I want to say that i tried some of the old ones, and my favorite were Cross of Iron and Battle of the Bulge.

Thanks!, any suggestions are appreciated, just I want to read You, and get some ideas, the forum is very large to start reading all about the new games.

Edit: Oh, I dind´t remember my avatar was a cow. Very Happy

#2: Re: I want to try one new Close Combat Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:46 am
    —
If you think the games are expensive, just wait for a sale. They do come on sale now and then both on Matrix, Steam and GOG. Just stay away from the new 3d game - The bloody first or "the bloody worst" as its been dubbed. Last Stand Arnhem is a really good game recreating Operation Market garden. It has a lot of features like stacking Battlegroups on the stratmap, a points system, very flexible reinforcement system etc. It is the game most favoured by modders and multiplayers.
Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen has 32-bit graphics and increased the in-game mapscale from 5 pixels per meter to 8pixels per meter so these games look really nice graphics wise. But they have a very different Battlegroup system where the only teams you can select individually is the support teams. If you are getting one of them - I recommend Gateway to Caen (GtC) because its graphics are overall better.
Of course I also love Close Combat Modern Tactics, but I realize its not everyones cup of tea. The game has only single scenarios and no campaign - wich makes it super-easy to mod. And there are quite a few mods for it. It has an incredibly flexible scenario editor too that lets you put deployment zones anywhere on the map and you can have up to 99 support missions of each type!

#3: Re: I want to try one new Close Combat Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:31 pm
    —
And in addition concerning CCMT, there are 15/20 supplementary square maps in the RedStormRising mod that are wonderfull and usable with CCMT

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=1263

#4: Re: I want to try one new Close Combat Author: Troll69Location: Barcelona, Spain PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:03 am
    —
Thank You very much for your answers!

So, I must check the Gateway to Caen for the improved graphics, it´s a good one, Panthers in the Fog the other one paired with GtC and then a new approach with Close Combat Modern Tactics, but this one don´t have a campaign, I understand. Well, I only play them in single player, never in multiplayer,  and the thing I enjoy the most is the Campaign mode.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1