Discovery
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Discovery Author: arvignaLocation: arvigna PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:23 pm
    —
Very Happy
Hello!

I keep coming back and discovering new things.
A very long time ago, for my own pleasure, I modded some amx30, leclerc, VBCI etc... I lost everything in a crash disk !
but that's not the point.

I discovered speed calculation in the GTC workbook.
It is written in the column :MAX Speed "Top speed (notes say 1/10 m/s, but not sure this is true).  Range = 0 - 600"

I think I've found it (but maybe it's already been done and I'll look stupid  Razz ).

This calculation is given for pixels.
example : tiger II : 39km/h in metres seconds = 10.8333

10.8333 X 7 pixels /meters = 75.8331. on table it is written "75".

I don't think I'm making too many mistakes.

VoilĂ !
Arvi.

Sorry for my poor english (from France)

#2: Re: Discovery Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:24 pm
    —
Hi arvigna, what kind of mod are you working on? Please tell more:)

A couple of posts with info about vehicle speed in Close Combat:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10365&t=291255
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10365&t=316872

In CC, except CCMT there has always been a cap on vehicle speed ingame that equates to the speed of a running man (soldier) 14,4Km/h)
Unfortunately I dont think your calculations are correct. The map scale of GtC is 8pixels per meter. As explained in the links above the speed data entries of GtC will not give anywhere near a real life speed in the game as the maximum speed in the game is 9km/h.

In Close Combat Modern Tactics there is no cap on vehicle speed. and the speed entries also seem to make more sense. For example: M1A2 Abrams MBT: 375 in workbook: 375/5pixels/m (map scale) = 75km/h, HUMMVE: 433/5 = 86,6km/h. - Sounds about right to me.

#3: Re: Discovery Author: arvignaLocation: arvigna PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:15 pm
    —
Hello!

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't know that the GTC scale was 8 pixels/m.

So my calculations are wrong.

the "tank-speed_mod_618.zip" file, is your's ?
Have you the latest mod ?

I am not really working on a mod. Not sure that i can finish one if i begin. But.
in the past I've worked on  :  http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10694&highlight=

a crash lost all the work.

arvi

#4: Re: Discovery Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:46 pm
    —
Yes, the tank-speed mod is my work. I dont have a newer version, but feel free to use and change the data any way you want.

Maybe use another mod as a starting point and add your changes over time to create something you want.

#5: Re: Discovery Author: arvignaLocation: arvigna PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:06 pm
    —
Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1