World War Two Reading.....
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: World War Two Reading..... Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:29 am
    —
Who here reads about the history of world war 2?

Here is a book you should think about reading....

Sons of the Reich: 2nd SS Panzer Corps by Michael Reynolds

Cheers!

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: CSO_Colonel_Olorin PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:44 pm
    —
a book i not long finished ad that i found a great read was one simply titled rommel by a guy called desmond young. he's a british officer but he interveiwed many of rommel's staff officer's and subordinants and it was published in 1950 so most of the information was still very clear in the minds of people at the time and it's fine read if you like that type of thing.

#3:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:42 pm
    —
Just finished reading Six Days by J.Bowen, great read too!

#4:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:12 pm
    —
Yesterday I finished "Soldat : reflections of a German soldier, 1936-1949"
Details the experiences of Siegfried Knappe through France, Itally and through the Russian campaign.
Written by: Siegfried Knappe; Charles T Brusaw.
A great book.

Last evening I started "Panzer Leader" a written account of General Heinz Guderian. Very very interesting.

Another good one is "Tigers in the Mud, the Combat Career of Panzer Commander Otto Carius".

#5:  Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:10 pm
    —
Yes wruff Otto Carius's book was very good i liked all the appendix's he had with both in english/german.

Armour Battles of the Waffen SS by Will Fey is also part of that series.......

Soldat and Panzer Leader i see all the time, soldat is a very cheap book and a good read... There is 2 others "Panzer Commander: By Hans von Luck" and another one. If you are liking guderians book, try his two others; Achtung Panzer, and Normand to the Ruhr with the 116th panzer division.

#6:  Author: B_GrimLocation: the Lizard Cornwall PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:30 pm
    —
Tanks advance.....Ken Tout,very good read!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1