CC5 Winter War mod problem
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: CC5 Winter War mod problem Author: AjK PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:10 pm
    —
Hi!

Winter War mod crashes on me everytime I try to enter Pulliniemi or Säiniö maps. I have dowloaded the latest version 1.3. and installed the full map pack.

It behaves like the maps were not present, do I need to rename some files?

Other than that looks like a great mod!

Running WinXP, CC5 patched to 5,01 prior installing the mod.

Thanks for help!

#2: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:47 pm
    —
maybe u should get in touch with AT Stalky,he used almost the exact same set up.but is more stable.
i think from memory,the teams file needing rebuilding from scratch.
and may have been a bad terrain file.
but stalky may be able to provide the WW makers with a bug list to attack.

#3: I am having this same problem. Author: rakovsky PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:55 am
    —
The map for Pulliniemi won't go into battles, although I can view the map otherwise. This happens even if I create my own battles using the scenario editor. How should I fix this.

Could it be because the name was changed from Pulliniemi to Pulleniemi between versions 1.2 and 1.3 ?

#4:  Author: Volksjager_cnLocation: Washington state, USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:51 pm
    —
It seems the map file is missing. If the map is from Winter war mod, you should try to re-install the mod. If the map is one of those from original CC5. You need to re-install CC5 and then re-install the mod.

#5: Map not missing Author: rakovsky PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:58 am
    —
Volksjager,

Unfortunately, the map is not missing. I got it from Closecombatseries.net, and got another version of the map from Closecombat.org

I have the plugin version of Winter War 1.3 . I did not have all the maps for the game when I got the mod. The plugin did not install the maps. However, whenever I did not have a map, I just downloaded it from the website.

The plugin came with the btd files for all the maps, and I had to get the remaining files for the maps from Close Combat Series.net , and then put them in the map folder. If I did not have the map and I chose to "view map" while in the game, the game would crash.

With Pulliniemi, I do have the map, and it will let me "view the map". Also, unlike when I just don't have the map files, it doesn't crash right after I hit "NEXT" after assigning units to teams. Instead, it crashing in the middle of loading up. It has a blue "Loading AI" rectangle, but after that it crashes.

If I do reinstall CC5 and the mod, do you recommend I reinstall it on top of the map folder with the WInter War maps inside? As you know, the uninstall does not necessarily get rid of saved files and map files. Do you mean that I reinstall it on top of a folder with a map folder and the map files inside it?

-RAKO.

#6: How to fix the problem. Author: rakovsky PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:25 pm
    —
Ajk, the problem was that the game couldnt load individual battles just MODs, as AT Stalky explained to me. So I turned them into Ops using the editor and now they work.

I even made my own mission. It's called the Siege of Viipuri and I have attached it. Can you tell me how to add it to the list of battles for people to download, thanks.

Also, I have a hard time seeing how the Finns can win in a two player matchup, the russian tanks are so strong. I want to play someone sometime so they shoiw me i'm wrong.

Good luck,
Rako

:Cool

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1