Mafi's RTB Tool..............
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Mafi's RTB Tool.............. Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:00 pm
    —
I thought having this posted here might get more use from users.

I figured out how to move the roll over text.

After you have relocated all your buttons use the "EXPORT HLP TEMPLATE"
button at the bottom of the screen.
Direct that to the DATA/HELP folder of CC.

Choose the option you need (I.E. if you moved the buttons on the main screen choose mainhlp)
Then hit open,you will then be prompted to save the new@@HLP file,hit save.
Then go the above folder find the new file and rename it to mainhlp (you will probably have to do this on your desktop as it wont overwrite an exsisting file.)

After that start your game and see which buttons need to be corrected for the rollover text.
When I did CCIV the RTB Tool had gotten 3 out of 6 right.But 3 buttons were labled wrong.I.E. the rollover text for the exit button said play a game.
I then went into the mainhlp text document and just changed the wording to match what I wanted it to say.When I tried to change just the numbers it didnt work.and hit file saved.you will have to restart the game to see the changes,you cant just minimize CC and pull it back up.

I was also able to change all the Scenario editor diamonds to have all new town names when moving the mose over the diamonds on the Scenario editor screen.

I would assume one could do the same for the other hlp files for other screens.

Good Luck and have fun.

#2:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:02 am
    —
Way to go platoon_michael!

I think you are our resident expert on the RTBtool now....

#3:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:36 am
    —
Another option for getting the roll over text to be properly displayed would be to do the following..............

It looks to me that the numbers in the hlp files that change the roll over
text are X Y cordinates.

I was able to relocate the "change sides button" on the command screen in CCIV and correctly get the roll over
text to appear for it's new location on the screen.
I wasnt sure if everyone knew this already or not?Or am I the last to know?

They go like this.(new #'s )
531 11 612 40 "Click here to switch sides." ""

First number is 531,thats the X for the left side of the button
Second number 11,thats the Y for the top of the button
Third number 612,thats the X for the right side of the button
Last number 40.thats the Y for the bottom of the button

Just be sure to keep a space between the last number in the row and the ( " ) or the game will crash.

I only moved the one button so it's still a work in progress for me but thought others might find this info usefull.
Next up will be to see if one can add more lines in the hlp files.And to figure out excatly what all the extra lines are when one uses the RTB Tools export hlp templete button is giving one.
Mafi has tried over and over again to explain it to me ,but im just not getting it.
Maybe having name each soldier box on the Soldier screen will be posted next.
When time permits I will do that next.

Could the powers that be move this thread to the modding workshop?
thanks

#4:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:44 am
    —
Another option for getting the roll over text to be properly displayed would be to do the following..............

It looks to me that the numbers in the hlp files that change the roll over
text are X Y cordinates.

I was able to relocate the "change sides button" on the command screen in CCIV and correctly get the roll over text to appear for it's new location on the screen.
I wasnt sure if everyone knew this already or not?Or am I the last to know?

They go like this.(new #'s )
531 11 612 40 "Click here to switch sides." ""

First number is 531,thats the X for the left side of the button
Second number 11,thats the Y for the top of the button
Third number 612,thats the X for the right side of the button
Last number 40.thats the Y for the bottom of the button

Just be sure to keep a space between the last number in the row and the first ( " ) or the game will crash.

I only moved the one button so it's still a work in progress for me but thought others might find this info usefull.
Next up will be to see if one can add more lines in the hlp files.And to figure out excatly what all the extra lines are when one uses the RTB Tools export hlp templete button is giving one.
Mafi has tried over and over again to explain it to me ,but im just not getting it.
Maybe having name each soldier box on the Soldier screen will be posted next.
When time permits I will do that next.

Could the powers that be move this thread to the modding workshop?
thanks

#5:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:46 am
    —
Sure enough you can add your own lines to the hlp files.

I had to delete one line in order for it to work but I can now name each and every team on the BattleGroup screen.
Now when I mouse over the teams the roll over text will say what I like it to.

UO0629.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  122.26 KB
 Viewed:  3608 Time(s)

UO0629.jpg

UO0630.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  122.34 KB
 Viewed:  3608 Time(s)

UO0630.jpg

#6: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:26 am
    —
very helpful micheal!
screens looking slick too!

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1