CC2 Kreta Mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: CC2 Kreta Mod Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:14 am
    —
I managed to get the Kreta Mod for CC2 from CSO finally.
They have the mod and the maps as a plugin there. So I installed the mod and maps plugin. The first sector in the grand campaign works great, but the next one doesn't. And all other sectors also don't seem to work!

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
THX in advance

#2:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:17 pm
    —
Kreta is probably one of the Best of all the CC2 mods. And yet it never was finished I have emailed its maker Kyle "Fish" Scott, in the past and he says he may finish it but I wouldn't hold my breath. Only two thirds of the maps were completed and only one Operation was put togther.

The CSO map plugin doesn't have all the made maps, CCS has all the completed maps.

The resone the First sector works is because the one operation is set in the year 1942(I think), while all the unedited files still set for A Bridge Too Far are set in 1944. Thus the one working sector plays before all the unedited operations.

As for fixing the problem, well finish the mod. I have thought of it as only about 13 maps for the Herkaloin Sector need to be made and then the and the Operation files. All the Data, Graphics and Sounds(except for Italian Voices) are done. But then I have my own Northern Lights CC2 mod that I'm working on, and I don't know the whole history of the Invasion. If thier was others interested and willing to help and Kyle gave permision I would give the project a go.

Kreta mod site

All the Kreta maps

CCS CC2 Mod Section

#3:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:59 pm
    —
I would be interested in helping out but haven't modded for CC before.
Altough, I have some modding experience from other games.

But some of my clanmates (German Soldiers, should still be well known in the scene Smile ) have experience with modding CC.

#4:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:16 pm
    —
Well if your interested in modding CC2 heres the place to go.

CC2 Revival

For tools you would only need CC2PC-tools.zip and CC2toolsPC.zip, that is if your using a PC and not a MAC.

To better understand how the CC2 campignes, operations and battles work look at his CC2Guide-NewBattlesMaps-v5.pdf

You might also be able to download them here at CCS. I'll email Kyle and see if its ok with him.

#5:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:07 pm
    —
E-mailed Fish and he said it would be fine.

#6:  Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:39 pm
    —
Nembo wrote:
Kreta is probably one of the Best of all the CC2 mods. And yet it never was finished I have emailed its maker Kyle "Fish" Scott, in the past and he says he may finish it but I wouldn't hold my breath. Only two thirds of the maps were completed and only one Operation was put togther.

The CSO map plugin doesn't have all the made maps, CCS has all the completed maps.

The resone the First sector works is because the one operation is set in the year 1942(I think), while all the unedited files still set for A Bridge Too Far are set in 1944. Thus the one working sector plays before all the unedited operations.

As for fixing the problem, well finish the mod. I have thought of it as only about 13 maps for the Herkaloin Sector need to be made and then the and the Operation files. All the Data, Graphics and Sounds(except for Italian Voices) are done. But then I have my own Northern Lights CC2 mod that I'm working on, and I don't know the whole history of the Invasion. If thier was others interested and willing to help and Kyle gave permision I would give the project a go.

Since the operation Maleme (is that the name!?) is palyable with the maps bundled in the plug-in available at CSO, is that meaning that you can play on the 9 missing maps , available here at CSS, in battles only?

Unfortunately I don't know how to create an operation or a grand campaign...

And for the 13 still to do maps, couldn't they be some CC3 converted maps, like those in Stalingrad operations which have seemingly the same terrain textures...

#7:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:22 pm
    —
Dont worry Bordic, the wheels are rolling.

#8:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:50 am
    —
Nembo, are the wheels still rolling? Rolling Eyes

This mod of the air invasion of Crete would fit the Bridge Too Far mechanics very well, it seems.

#9:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:18 pm
    —
No the wheels got stuck in the mud about six months ago. Their is not much left in terms of maps, I think I have one left to do. But then their are all the operations to do.

#10:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:11 pm
    —
Well get those wheels out of the mud, my friend! Let's roll...let's roll! Smile

#11:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:35 pm
    —
Back in early January Nembo said: "Their is not much left in terms of maps, I think I have one left to do."

Could we please have these additional maps for the Kreta mod? I believe that these would be the Heraklion sector....

I have been tinkering with the Maleme Op, as far as little touch-ups to graphic titles and battle texts. But, I was really thinking of moving to the other Operations and Sectors. I have just downloaded the guide to CCII modding from Major Ts site.

Even if I'm unable to make progress with further Operations, it would be great to be able to play on the Heraklion maps!

Like you've said, Nembo, this is a highly well-made mod for CCII. I enjoy it tremendously! It can certainly get us through the wait for a CCV or WAR mod for Crete.

Thanks, in advance, for your willingness to share your map work for Heraklion.

#12:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:55 pm
    —
Ok, let me see if I can't get the last map finished (Heraklion Downtown). I started it but never finished it.

#13:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:23 pm
    —
So..... very cool!!! Wink

Thank you, Nembo.

I'm getting intrigued with doing the Ops for the other sectors... but I MUST do some heavy research to make it close to historical.

#14:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:03 am
    —
:Cool :ok1 :ok2 :lol4 :drink2 . Great news!

#15:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:19 pm
    —
Working on Máleme sector ops.

... still trying to find how to remove the green line that shows XXX Corps progress (from ABTF).

Hill_107_Op.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  488.38 KB
 Viewed:  15478 Time(s)

Hill_107_Op.jpg

Maleme_Op.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  514.41 KB

Maleme_Op.jpg

Maleme_Sector_Op.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  473.15 KB

Maleme_Sector_Op.jpg

#16:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:46 pm
    —
... a few more screens.

Last edited by tripwire on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Platania_Op.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  487.93 KB
 Viewed:  13938 Time(s)

Platania_Op.jpg

#17:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:08 am
    —
Extra nice :Cool !

#18:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:48 am
    —
Cool, to see CC2 still is getting some attention....

#19:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:52 am
    —
Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

I've added the Head Pictures made by Cpl_Punishment. They really do look very good!

I have been adding the Head Pictures to many of the CC2 - CC5 mods. Hope to do them all ... Razz

Hill_107.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.17 MB
 Viewed:  13911 Time(s)

Hill_107.jpg

Req_Hill_107.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  563.86 KB
 Viewed:  13911 Time(s)

Req_Hill_107.jpg

#20:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:45 pm
    —
Looks great, keep it up.

The XXX corp green line is to the best of my knowledge hard coded in the .exe, and non moddable.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1